Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims will not stay seated in restaurants

by manzana0807

Original Post

Re: My sims keep getting their food stolen when they eat at restaurants.

★★ Pro

I tried Bienchen's "Restaurant Sit Tweak" mod and it didn't help me at all. Instead it just caused me to get Last Exceptions when an NPC would try to leave their seat. I'm really hoping for a fix soon, because restaurants are not playable now at all.

Message 91 of 260 (1,921 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Sims stealing food from other tables is a bug from the patch for Island Living. It's not related to any restaurant perks your Sim has.

Message 92 of 260 (1,896 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

★ Apprentice

I have the exact same issue every time I go out to eat. It is BEYOND annoying. It happens the entire time my sims are eating. I can’t deal with it anymore, I have stopped going to restaurants until they fix it. Can really have the experience we are supposed to because of this bug. Really hope it gets resolved in the next patch. 

Message 93 of 260 (1,944 Views)

★ Guide

Small notice update:

Just to inform everyone while we talking about this issue: Bar drinks are affected, too. Sims steal them if you order a drink, for example for your date and your date isn't fast enough at the bar to catch the order. Hmpf, no drink for my Sim girl! :/

Message 94 of 260 (1,936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This happens everytime I got out.  On a date at a restaurant,  in between me and my date having a conversation someone comes over and takes one of our plates of food.  (once the waiter did this).  And of course I have to pay for the meal in which I didnt even get to enjoy.    At festivals when I order food at a stall,  before I can grab it off the counter...  someone snatches it up and eats it.  I really wish this would get fixed soon,  it's so super annoying...  and pointless even going out anymore.

Message 95 of 260 (1,901 Views)

Hero
@halfasleepstudio Moved your post over to the thread on that issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 96 of 260 (1,860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here's something I discovered by accident that may help.

After a trip to the Jungle my sim had a Blessing (Blessing of Joy), you know the little sun that follows them around. Anyway I went to a restaurant to see if I could have a meal as a celebrity without paps (the answer is yes, they have vanished yay!).

Anyhoo, the blessing is contagious so first the Host then the waitress and all the customers ended up catching the blessing which for a second or two makes them stand still (while the programming visually works out what is going on). This seemed to cancel the food stealing out My sims ordered 3 courses and didn’t have a single plate taken. The other customers had the same luck. So if you have a spare relic and fancy a night out try it and see. I don’t have the Island pack yet so bear that in mind if it doesn’t work for those who do.

I have also noticed that the food stealing isn’t happening anywhere else, drinks however are a waste of time, everyone is taken.Raised eyebrow

Message 97 of 260 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Guide
@FreeasabirdS4S I just got Jungle Adventure but haven't used it yet. Will try that though!

And for some reason I haven't noticed bar drinks being stolen in my game yet. Then again I usually go to a bar as a vampire and order plasma jane's. In fact I haven't noticed plasma fruit salad my vamp sims order being stolen either. :O
Message 98 of 260 (1,814 Views)

★ Guide

So i noticed something else about this bug and i’m not sure if anyone else has noticed it but i think the reason sims in restaurants are able to come over and steal our sims food during dining out is because for some unknown reason in the middle of eating sims are just canceling out eating. It happens for my sims on their home lot as well, and it’s only happening when my sims are talking to one another while eating. It’s kind of annoying but what i do now is i pause the game and i qeue up for my sims to eat and drink while they are talking so that way if it cancels out again they will pick back up and keep eating or drinking. I REALLY hope this bug gets fixed soon though it’s SO annoying and time consuming and i hate making my sims have “quiet” dinners where they just sit there and eat and stare at each other

Message 99 of 260 (1,803 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?   1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday pack, Get Together, Island Living, seasons, Dine out, Parenthood, a spa day, strangerville, vampires, Laundry day, spooky stuff, vintage glamour. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go eat at a restaurant and order food and a drink. Other random sims that are sitting and waiting to eat will come to take your plate and your date's plate of food. Afterward, they may take the plate from the sim who took your plate.
What happens when the bug occurs? Other random sims that are sitting and waiting to eat will come to take your plate and your date's plate of food. Afterward, they may take the plate from the sim who took your plate.
What do you expect to see? I expected to not have other sims take my sims food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I removed them to test saw that the same issue was there and readded them back. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, not that I have noticed

Message 100 of 260 (1,780 Views)