Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

by matt_a56

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

This bug isn't as bad as the aging during CAS bug that happened a while back. But it is still pretty dang terrible. I took my celebrity sim out to eat with one of his friends and as soon as my food arrives My sim stands up and poses for the paparazzi. I tell him to sit down and before he sits down this other guy comes and takes the food right off his table and eats it as if he did nothing wrong. I was utterly bewildered and then frustrated as not only was my sim starving and couldnt eat his food, but he also had to pay for the food that another sim took from him as well. This bug is such a mess, please fix it ASAP.

Message 71 of 260 (1,833 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

★ Novice

I am having the same problems. I hope EA is working on fixing this annoying problem. Who expects to go to a restaurant to have their food stolen?

Message 72 of 260 (1,813 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's happening to me too. I just built a restaurant in Sulani and got my family to sit down, order their meal and once the food arrived, a little kid from another table came over and stole the plate of food, like why, is this a glitch or something?, I would love to sit at my newly built restaurant in Sulani and eat but if this keeps happening, then it was a waste of time building it. Hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Message 73 of 260 (1,809 Views)

Re: Rude Sims Stealing My or My Date's Food!

★ Apprentice

Me too!

Message 74 of 260 (1,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@matt_a56 

For your particular issue of your sims being canceled from eating...

Did you try playing your game clean? (Without mods). If you have not and you're having this issue its most likely due to an outdated mod that you have and not a game bug. I'm only saying this because I had the same problem you're having. They'd mostly get canceled out of their eating action after they finished eating, but at times it would happen during too and it would immediately have a 'last exception' error attached to it that I could not decipher. I'll also note that I kept getting last exceptions while in restaurants relating to the eating interactions being canceled and also to the chef stations.

However, after weeding out my mods folder (thank goodness I have so very little mods) I found the singular mod that was causing the issue. Once I removed it I no longer experienced this problem and I no longer received the constant last exceptions. I had run a clean play-through of my game before weeding out the culprit in my mods folder and I also hadn't gotten the error then too. The mod that had caused it for me was one by Lilsam called 'AutoDrinkWhenEating.' Hope this helps. 

Message 75 of 260 (1,783 Views)

Re: Meals Stolen at Restaurants

★★ Apprentice

@DizzyDee-K, thanks for the mod suggestion. I installed it and it definitely stops other sims from stealing my sims' food. My sims will still get up and attempt to steal from other diners, but at least I can direct them away from it. 

Message 76 of 260 (1,751 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ViviHalokoI had mentioned in my post that was moved here I don't have mods in anymore. That only happens when they sit at benches. Every other time, they just randomly stop eating and a random NPC will grab quickly. I had Eric Lewis server me a meal then immediately grab it before my Sim even had a chance to eat it. After resetting him to save my meal, Nancy walks over and grabs it, and she walked away after a reset.

Mods or no mods, that part of Island Living NEEDS to be attached to Island Living itself, specifically Sulani.

Message 77 of 260 (1,707 Views)

★★ Guide

@matt_a56  totally agree! 

It also happens when they’re sitting on chairs. 

Message 78 of 260 (1,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@matt_a56 

Yes I saw that you were playing with no mods, but I couldn't be sure Standard smile I haven't had the problem crop up since I removed the mod, but I'll continue playing and seeing if I experience it again; if it happens I'll make note of it here.

Though like I mentioned in my original post I too experience the issue of where they sometimes stop eating and then the food gets stolen, but I think that ties in with the npc who is stealing the food getting the action in their queue which then cancels/overrides your sims' eating action - just speculation on my part though. Nothing to do with the outdated mod issue I had. 

@DizzyDee-K 

I have to thank you for this suggestion. I tried out the mod, though its not perfect it gets the job done decently. Sometimes I'll have other diners get up from their seats if they're performing an interaction that requires them standing, and the mod doesn't seem to apply to my sims because they can get up freely and do whatever it seems; but I did manage to go through an entire meal without any diner stealing either of my two sims' food - which in and of itself is a miracle since I got this latest EP. 

The mod isn't called 'less waking in restaurants though.' its called 'restaurantSitTweak.' For anyone else who may initially have trouble finding it you can find it in her long list of mods here:https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953198/mods-by-bienchen83-sims4me-at-deichschaf-sims-alp... since I'm not sure I'm allowed to link directly to her site. Just use your browser 'Find' function to locate it among the list. 

Hopefully we get a solution to this EP conflict soon.

Message 79 of 260 (1,687 Views)

★ Pro

Just had this start happening also, so far it is only NPC vampires that will steal your food.

Message 80 of 260 (1,659 Views)