Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 126.96.36.1990
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL OF THEM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Read on...
What happens when the bug occurs? Read on...
What do you expect to see? They work as advertised
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed ECO Lifestyle
I wrote this compilation because there's a number of them. I didn't double-check if these have been reported already but I only included the ones that cause serious issues. There were minor ones (floating objects, invisible sims, etc) but you could just fix those by traveling. The ones below are really bad ones. All my drivers are up-to-date and I am running on the latest version and build of Windows 10 64-bit.
My original issue: React in Disgust - to any sim/pet at 3-stars and up celeb status. It used to be 4-stars and up, now it's 3-stars and up. No need to elaborate on this one.
Bugs introduced or I have experienced myself in ECO Lifestyle (188.8.131.520 x64):
1) Random crashes to desktop
2) Aspiration requirement issues
3) Sound glitches
4) Fabrication issues
1) Random crashes to desktop - this never happened to me before ECO Lifestyle. After the original install I did a few days ago, the crashes occurred mostly when playing the guitar, changing the game speed, writing books, doing stuff at the bar, or simply talking to another sim or if that sim was about to say or do something with you. I clean-installed the game and the crashes went from every 20 minutes to just once this whole day. That last one-time crash happened when a huge number of sims wanted to speak to my sim at the same time. I guess that's understandable but is worth looking into. I posted about this here and can be read in detail here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PC-Crashes-to-Desktop-I-figured-it-out-unsolved-though...
2) Aspiration requirement issues - now this is a new one. Whenever I play a new Sims 4 game, I start with the Renaissance Sim Aspiration. After that, I change to new aspirations until I eventually get them all. For this one, I went to "Creative" instead of continuing with "Knowledge" and I found a number of issues. Some examples include - when I am asked to paint excellent paintings or write excellent books, some of them were not recognized or counted. On some aspirations, I did the required task but they were not counted or checked. There were also tasks that I did not do but got checked like "become an Adult" but my sim is still a young adult. These were working perfectly before ECO.
3) Sound glitches - now this one is really strange that it may have been connected to the original crashes to desktop before I reinstalled the game. This happened twice in my game today. One was my own sim - after playing the guitar, my sim put the guitar down and the sound got stuck with the last strumming sound. It's the same when a compact disc jumps because of too many scratches (sounds like num num num num num num num num num...) continuously. The second was another sim in a night club. I started mentoring him (as required in the aspiration) then he stops playing and puts down the guitar and it goes num num num num num num num num num. The game still plays and you can still move around and clicking around still play the click sound. Everything works except the annoying num num num num num num num num num. Traveling does not reset it. Playing the guitar again crashes the game. Saving and Quitting the game will freeze the game and you'll have to open the Windows Task Manager to force-close it. My sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio (7.1 Surround configuration) running on driver 184.108.40.20610.
4) Fabrication issues - I read somewhere in the forum that they have sound glitches with the recycler or fabricator. My sound issues were with the guitar. The issues I had with fabrication were skill-related. I had just bought the recycler, candle making station, and the fabricator and at the same time, it was New Skill Day. I was excited 'coz during that day, your experience doubles. So, I started with the candles. I saw the "Fabrication" skill in my skill list but the New Skill Day icon was still unchecked. It didn't even have that blinking check. The skill level also didn't progress twice as fast (as I later found out). It's like the fabrication skill was left out of New Skill Day. I leveled up my Gardening skills before New Skill Day was over and it worked. So, I am guessing it's an issue with the new Fabrication skill.
I will continue to look for more bugs.
Thanks for adding this information on each bug. There's a few different things being reported in your bug report. Bug report templates are designed to gather information and track a single bug per thread. Merging multiple issues under the one report can slow down investigations and create issues. For that reason, it'd be great to have these bugs in their own threads each.
There may already be an active bug report thread opened for each of these separate bugs. You can double-check using the "Compiled list of reported issues", as well as using the search function at the top of the page. If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing here, please go ahead and create a new bug report per each individual bug. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant info.
I'll lock this thread in the meantime so as not to split up the information from those dedicated bug reports.
＊Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
＊Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
＊XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.