Re: Cottage Living Made My Game Unplayable.

by im_JoelSF

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 game keeps freezing in Live Mode (since Cottage Living)

Hero
@crvwolf How big is the save game itself ? It's in the saves folder

If you load the household manager and scroll through all your families, do you get households without any Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 271 of 413 (586 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households

★★★ Apprentice

So since my last post here things were running smoothly after testing, however my file randomly bloated after visiting the Saturday chicken fair in Henford with one of my households. Strange thing to trip the issue but the save nearly doubled in size and the laggy stuttering began again on that save, forcing me to try on an older save. 

I've been using bienchen83's mod and hadn't experienced any issues visiting Henford in my rotation play for a few weeks now - the root of this bloating issue is still confusing me. 

Message 272 of 413 (620 Views)

I love hearing anything from the sims team.

It also gives me faith that the issue I reported is also being worked on, as that issue makes the game "unplayable" for me -- i.e., too much of a hassle to have a good time with.

Thank you for these little messages; they reassure me.

Message 273 of 413 (594 Views)

★ Apprentice

@im_JoelSF so you didn't experience any bloated save until you traveled to the fair, was this a brand. New save or an old one ? I've  been playing an old one it has Bloat but hasn't skyrocketed up. 

Message 274 of 413 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@pollyxpolly230 I'm not 100 positive but I believe the bloat comes when you play on one of 40x50 lots and the Fox challenges activated...
Message 275 of 413 (624 Views)

★★ Guide

This is also happening to me on PS4 so no mods. It’s DEFINITELY since installing Cottage Living because it was fine before and it’s also a brand new save. 

Message 276 of 413 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

The save file is 556MB.

Yes, going through household manager, a lot of households show up blank as if they can't load.

I noticed something that might be interesting. I went back to a back-up file before doing anything with the Henford world - except placing the lot. When I looked to household manager then, everything was normal. I deleted a bunch cause I thought it might be taking up unnecessary space and I don't particularly care for a lot of random townies. I went and played a few minutes with multiple households, exited the game then restarted it, and everything kept working. That's when I decided to add another family to the lot in Henford. And as I entered the household for the first time, everything went perfectly fine... Until I did another test with exiting and restarting the game. Suddenly the problem is back, and not just in the household in Henford, but all households.

I don't know what causes it, tried to see if the problem was either the lot, or the household. Back from my back-up save, I tried to:

- move the household into a different house in Henford, play a few mins, exit and restart the game... but it seemed to work fine.

- move a different household to the big lot I built, play a few mins, exit and restart the game... but again, it seemed to work fine.

Households in household manager went blank again, however. I can't wrap my head around it.

Message 277 of 413 (766 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@pollyxpolly230 Same save I've always played but I rotate my saves frequently which helps test these new issues. The bloating only occurred once for me when after playing through Henford. I've since played as residents of Henford without issue and after trying to recreate what caused the bloating just returned to playing as normal.  

The only new thing I've done that suddenly reintroduced bloating to this save was visit the Saturday fair. (All these issues were removed when I replayed older saves, to explain how I'm continuing on the same save while troubleshooting) 

@magyar1380 I haven't found this to be the case since playing with the fox mod and travelled to the large vacant lot several times without problems. 

Message 278 of 413 (815 Views)

★ Apprentice

@im_JoelSF i removed cottage living and seem to only get logged empty household creation when i first join, and then it appears as if mcc deletes the same household's that were first added. And my save doesn't increase in size.  Does the mod you mentioned work with mcc by chance?

@magyar1380  i don't have any lots with challenges except the haunted house and I'm not playing with cottage living. 

I've transfered households mid game and its been without household increase.

Message 279 of 413 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@pollyxpolly230 Seems compatible but I can't confirm since I don't use MCC.

Interestingly my save didn't bloat as much as last time - first time my save nearly doubled in size whereas this time was probably ~40%.  

It sucks that people here are having to just disable this expansion pack altogether. I've been enjoying a lot of it's features in between all this troubleshooting and was just enjoying getting back into a problem-free save as it happened again lol 

Message 280 of 413 (785 Views)