Re: [OPEN] [CL] Sims return early from school/work while in Buy Mode

by LovegoodOddity

Original Post

Re: [CL] Sims return early from school/work while in Buy Mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

I mainly made the post to make them aware that it wasn't just build mode.  But thanks for the tip. Standard smile

Message 51 of 87 (1,094 Views)

Hero

I think it's also the gallery.

Can someone double check that for me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 87 (1,089 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict , I didn't get an early return from school or work by clicking on the gallery from live mode with the game paused.  I tried twice.  First time both parents were home and child was at school.  Second time child and one parent were home with other parent at work.  Mention in case some sort of combination of who is home, or maybe multiple openings have to occur, since it sounds like you've encountered an issue.

I have had early returns triggered by two other happenstances.  I had a sim at the Geek Con festival and got a notification her spouse had gone to work, followed a short while later by a notification that he had returned home.  Problem was he had only left for work a couple of hours before.  I think opening her personal inventory to get and light a firework did it but I can't be 100% positive.  I haven't been able to replicate the issue.

Last night, I had a teen and a friend at the Chalet lot.  I had them cloudgazing and then clicked on the chess table to have them play.  At that moment I got a notice his mother had returned home from work, like 6 hours earlier than she should have.  Not only that, it brought both parents to the Chalet lot.  I just repaired the game on 11/26/16 because of the most recent food transfer incident, after clearing localthumbcache and removing the slot 1 save files.  Vanilla game.

Message 53 of 87 (1,043 Views)

Build Mode and Sims Coming Home

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I open build mode while my sims are at work or school, they all come home. Is this happening to anybody else? 

Message 54 of 87 (1,033 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey everyone! Check your game. This bug is included among the fixed bugs in today's patch (December 1st) :

Update: 12/01/2016 – PC Version 1.25.135.1020 / Mac Version 1.25.135.1220

City Living

• Entering Build Mode on an apartment lot while your Sim is at work or school, will no longer force your Sim home early.

Message 55 of 87 (7,602 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I updated my game and played on 12/6/16.  When two sims were at work and one sim was at school, I went into CAS so a sim on the home lot could try the new Vintage Glamor hairstyles and clothes, when I came out of CAS, all the sims away from the home lot came home.  So I wondering if the patch just fixed the Build/Buy mode problem and not the CAS.

Message 56 of 87 (968 Views)

Hero

Possible ..

Tagging @SimGuruNick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 87 (959 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @lsnishi

We have not been able to reproduce this.  Would you be willing to share your save files with me?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 58 of 87 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes.  I didn't save the game the first time it happened, but I replayed it and the same thing happened (the sims came home after I got out of CAS).  I saved this game and am willing to share it.  I'm not very adept at computer things so if you could give me detailed instructions on how to give you my saved game, I'll give it a go.

Message 59 of 87 (916 Views)

Hero

Please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

I'll make sure @SimQARobo gets your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 87 (904 Views)