Re: [TO ADD] Some lots shown incorrectly in world view

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Tree in Willow Creek Not Showing Correctly

★★★★ Pro

I haven’t touched the park, and it’s like this in all my save files (well, all those where I haven’t bulldozed the park).

Could you try to enter the park and then go back to the map to see if the tree appears on your map? Because there is indeed a tree there on the actual lot.

Message 51 of 85 (2,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Looks like the preview switches direction when you enter it

This is how it looks on a fresh save

tree.JPG

After entering, it looks like yours. 

I'm guessing it's a variation of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Some-lots-shown-incorrectly-in-world-view/td-p/6619517

EDIT: Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 85 (2,042 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict @SqueamishNerd this was bugging me too . I found that you only need to rotate it once in build mode and will stay in that position. 

Basically if you imagine that the structure at the top of the building is originally depicted at the 12 o'clock position on a clock face, it is then moved to the 3 o'clock position after your first visit.

So if you go into build mode and revolve the entire lot counterclockwise, that structure will now be in the 9 o'clock position. Save & return to map view and you'll see it's back at 12 o'clock again and should stay there . 

Message 53 of 85 (2,015 Views)

Sims 4>World Map>Willow Creek>Magnolia Park

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Replace magnolia park
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot decorations are skewed in the world map, but normal in build mode
What do you expect to see? Normally you cannot create outside the plot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Lot.pngplot.png Can recreate this issue on every machine I own. One machine is 100% vanilla EA content. Only happens with this park. Repair game didn't work on vanilla machine. 

Message 54 of 85 (1,865 Views)

Lots displacing in World View?

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything (correct as on 21/04/2020) except Spooky Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Willow Creek Magnolia blossom is the most obvious, base game lot displaced.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lots do not align in world view, so look completely out of place. All items etc are correct on the lot and the lot functions correctly however looks wrong in world view. Most often seen in larger lots, specifically Parks. Some own-build lots have displaced shadows in world view.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see lots in correct alignment with corrects shadows in world view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ok so my lots are displacing in world view, looking funky and some lots have displaced shadows in world view. 

I did have mods in game, but I completed removed all TS4 folders, did a game repair, and started a new loadup to create full new folders to test, and it's still showing like this. Think it was happening before the latest update, however it could have started around the same time truthfully. 

Message 55 of 85 (1,793 Views)

Re: Lots displacing in World View?

Hero
@pipsqueakmouse Merging your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 85 (1,751 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Do you know why this lot is showing outwith the lines? It's driving me mad ! Any help would be more than welcome 😊😉

Message 57 of 85 (1,673 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@lauzbawz Don't think there's anything you can do to fix it on that save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 85 (1,664 Views)

Magnolia Blossom Park in Manage Worlds bug

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Most recent update (June 3, 2020)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Willow Creek world and look at Magnolia Blossom Park from Manage Worlds.
What happens when the bug occurs? The contents of the lot are shown in manage worlds as shifted off of the lot outline. I built a park with a lush forest, and it's shifted out of the lot outline in manage worlds by at least a few squares.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see Magnolia Blossom Park completely contained by the lot outline.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was a couple months ago - March maybe? One or two PC patches before the June patch.

I've added some trees to the default park in the picture to help show the issue.

Message 59 of 85 (1,632 Views)

Re: Magnolia Blossom Park in Manage Worlds bug

Hero
@RHappyPotato Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 85 (1,588 Views)