Re: Oversensitive object placement even with moveobjects on

by Simmingal

Original Post

Oversensitive object placement even with moveobjects on

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: All except Eco Lifestyle GP: All except Star Wars SP: Nifty Knitting ,Moschino, Toddler Stuff,Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place column on wall and put something in front of it or next to it and then go put wallpaper or draw wall anywhere
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects disappear when editing walls Can't place columns where I want them Columns and wall objects especially disappear for no reason Moveobjects cheat does not work properly
What do you expect to see? 1.moveobjects actually working like its supposed to 2.game not deleting objects for no reason when you edit something in whole another part of the build 3.being able to put columns where I want 4. columns staying where i put them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Game won't let you place columns close to objects and just tells you something is in the way (even if you have moveobjects on)

Game will also delete any columns placed close to objects if you change wallpaper anywhere in the building or place new wall.

Game will also occassionally tell you objects can't be placed in places because of some other object (even though you have moveobjects on) and it's just curtains or something

(also seems to occur more with wall items)

Overall game is oversensitive about object placements and deletes objects that are placed close together even when it makes no sense and such placements worked just fine before

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Hero
@Simmingal Sounds like you're reporting multiple things here.

First one sounds like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Stuff-deleted-when-painting-walls/td-p/8673542

Not sure about the other ones but it's best to make one thread per issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict

Yes sorry about being confusing
I'm very confused myself what causes what actually
but the main problem is that game tells me i can't place objects where i normally could place them (especially with columns and wall objects) and I feel it has something to do with the walls because of that

which makes me think it might be related to the issue you linked (since that bug occurs sometimes in my game as well)
but it also might be more related to columns or objects themselves asking for more clear area than supposed to and somehow moveobjects cheat does not help with it either

(which again might relate to cheat itself being bugged or just the specific items being bugged somehow)

Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)

Hero
@Simmingal SimGuruNick just asked for saves in thsi thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Stuff-deleted-when-painting-walls/td-p/8673542 .. maybe you could send him yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)