Re: Outmaneuver subject to taunt? Even with multiple taunts on the board?

by DarthBarron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Outmaneuver subject to taunt? Even with multiple taunts on the board?

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Android phone
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 346-756-169
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Spy reinforcement placing taunt on Han's Millenium Falcon with outmaneuver buff makes him able to be targeted. With other taunts on the board i think this is a bug. If it was the only ship with taunt i could see (maybe) being able to be targeted. If it hasn't been already i think there needs to be a clarification as to what has priority, taunt or "unable to be targeted."
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bring Spy in from reinforcement on a MF that has outmaneuver buff. Spy sometimes places taunt on MF and becomes a target.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Android phone
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 346-756-169
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Spy reinforcement placing taunt on Han's Millenium Falcon with outmaneuver buff makes him able to be targeted. With other taunts on the board i think this is a bug. If it was the only ship with taunt i could see (maybe) being able to be targeted. If it hasn't been already i think there needs to be a clarification as to what has priority, taunt or "unable to be targeted."
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bring Spy in from reinforcement on a MF that has outmaneuver buff. Spy sometimes places taunt on MF and becomes a target.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Message 1 of 13 (759 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. We flagged this for review.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (720 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. We flagged this for review.
Message 2 of 13 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

I would be greatly disappointed if this is a bug and not WAI. Based on the wording of Geo Spys reinforcement vs the wording of the Outmaneuver buff. 

Message 3 of 13 (699 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I think it is a bug. The application of a debuff is viewed as an "attack" as it can be dodge and doesn't trigger non-attack passives, see Poe and BB-8 / Akbar interaction for examples. This is no different, it is the application of a debuff that needs a target to apply. Since MF cannot be targeted, as long as there are at least two eligible targets, MF should not be able to be selected as a random target.
Message 4 of 13 (677 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@DarthBarron wrote:
I think it is a bug. The application of a debuff is viewed as an "attack" as it can be dodge and doesn't trigger non-attack passives, see Poe and BB-8 / Akbar interaction for examples. This is no different, it is the application of a debuff that needs a target to apply. Since MF cannot be targeted, as long as there are at least two eligible targets, MF should not be able to be selected as a random target.

Spy is placing one taunt on the targeted ship when being chosen as a reinforcement and then applying a second that doesn't have taunt at random it is not targetting Falcon at all.

As for the issue itself, Why should this be treated any differently than the interaction between taunt and stealth? 

Message 5 of 13 (648 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The selection of a random target is still targeting.  "Random" just indiciates the method in choosing the single target, not the act of targeting itself. The Falcon, based on its ability description, should be excluded from the pool of eligible ships to be targeted/chosen at random.  It's no different than other games where you need to choose a target at random, say by rolling a dice.  The action is still to target, it is the selction that is removed from the players hand.

And it's not being treated differently than the stealth / taunt interaction.  The core issue is whether HMF can be the target of an abiility, no matter how the target is selected.  

Message 6 of 13 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I jsut logged in here to report the same problem and was surprised that the thread is already exist.

Screenshot_2019-01-23-19-10-49.png
Message 7 of 13 (612 Views)

I would argue that granting the Taunt debuff to Falcon should be possible, as it's no a "targeted" ability.

However, even if the Falcon has that taunt on it, the Outmaneuver buff should make it untargetable, therefore I believe that even another ship without Taunt should be targeted before the OMF.

There are several buffs/debuffs that interact here, and it comes down to what did the developers intend?

1. If there is a stealthed Phantom, and a non-stealthed Falcon with OM - which should be targeted?
2. Do counterattacks "target"? Right now in-game a ship with retribution will not counter vs Falcon, but that may not be as intended.

Given that this "untargetability" is unique to the game (although similar to stealthed targets), it's certainly possible that there are unintended bugs in how it functions. That's why these reports are great!

★★★★★ Novice

Given that this "untargetability" is unique to the game (although similar to stealthed targets), it's certainly possible that there are unintended bugs in how it functions. That's why these reports are great!

The difference between stealth and outmanuever, from what I can tell, is that the definition of Stealth, at least from the list on Gaming Fans, is that the "Character can not be targeted directly", whereas, Outmanuever excludes the word "directly" and just says cannot be targeted.  To me, this implies that HMF, as long as it has the outmanuever buff, cannot be the target from any type of attack, whether it is direct, indirect, random, etc.  Outmanuever is basically an upgraded stealth ability.  At least that is how I am interpreting it with respect to otehr definititions in game.  

Opinions will vary, especially between HMF and Spy users.  I am an HMF user (full disclosure), but I am trying to look at this unbiasly, through other game definitions and interactions.  Really interested to see if we get an official response on this and what it is.

Message 9 of 13 (601 Views)

When MindTricks says that he flagged it for review, that will put it into the bug logs so that the developers will review the behavior. They can take a look at how it is performing, and whether that performance meets the design intent.

If it meets their intent, but there's some confusion, perhaps the wording of the skills can be updated. If it doesn't meet their intent, they should change the skill to meet its original intent (or alternatively modify the skill if they believe the new functionality is acceptable/better for future-state design).