[FIXED] Outfit locked in CAS, needs to be bought in thrift store (No HSY)

by DiscoValkyra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Outfit locked in CAS, needs to be bought in thrift store (No HSY)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, island living, eco living, discover university, get famous, Seasons, werewolfs, Batuu, magic realm, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In cas, male fullbody section outfit, choose overals, the only male basegame overal - the mechanic one, female option is available
What happens when the bug occurs? The outfit and its swatches are locked, the messege says that I need to buy it in the highschool pack specified thrift store, but I do not own the pack. I am not able to use it, or unlock it.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the basegame outfit without having to own the new pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Noticed this yesterday, I didn't need the outfit until now, and given its connection to the new pack, I suppose it appeared sometime during the last two updates

'becomes available by purchasing the item in the Thriftea store'

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 10 (5,075 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Outfit locked in CAS, needs to be bought in high school thrift store (No HSY

Hero

The ymBody_JumpSuitLongSleeve outfit is now available to male Sims in Create a Sim

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,074 Views)

All Replies

Re: basegame outfit locked in cas, needs to be bought in high school thrift stor

Hero

Disabled the pack and tested this

Def odd.

Here's the message in english

Bild_2022-08-12_150605569.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,009 Views)

Re: Outfit locked in CAS, needs to be bought in high school thrift store (No HSY

★★ Guide

Possibly related to the recent SDX that supposedly changed some of the male outfits?

The outfit is still available for feminine-framed sims:

20220815_005312_%pn.png

I could get the outfit on my male sim by temporarily changing his Physical frame to Feminine, getting the outfit on, then switching back to Masculine. The item still appears as locked under ThriftTea purchase.

20220815_005428_%pn.png

I have HSY installed.

Message 3 of 10 (4,891 Views)

★ Novice

I tried it out and it worked for me as well, thank you!

It is possible that it might be in fact related to it, but as I mentioned, I didn't really paid attention to it until very recently, so I don't know when it occurred.

Once again, thank you very much for your help! 

Message 4 of 10 (4,833 Views)

PC Outfits Locked for Trendi NO HSY

★ Guide

I'm posting this on behalf of my 12 year old grandson. He doesn't have the HSY expansion pack, he's also running no mods. There's a jumpsuit that he wants to use. It's normally a career thing but the message is it must be unlocked by visiting a Thriftea shop. Obviously, without HSY that's not an option. 

Message 5 of 10 (4,720 Views)

Re: PC Outfits Locked for Trendi NO HSY

Hero
@moxiegraphix I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (4,682 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you. For some reason this didn’t show up in my search.

@crinrict wrote:
@moxiegraphixI merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Message 7 of 10 (4,662 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There's even in the Italian version of the game, and I don't own HSY.

bug abito maschile.jpg

Message 8 of 10 (4,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have HSY and am having the same issue on Xbox.

Message 9 of 10 (4,076 Views)

Hero

The ymBody_JumpSuitLongSleeve outfit is now available to male Sims in Create a Sim

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,075 Views)