Re: Out of control royalties causing bloated saves, crashing?

by crinrict

Original Post

Out of control royalties causing bloated saves, crashing?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

First off I apologize if there is already a thread on this topic, I went through the (very long) list and didn't see anything....  and I'm trying to post my bugs each to a seperate thread as instructed Confusedmileyhappy:

I have been having problems with crashing about save/travel and believe that it's directly related to another problem.  My sim (writer level 4, I think he was only lvl 2 when he wrote it) self-published a children's book using the mailbox.  All was fine initially then next thing I know I had the rosebud achievement and my Sim family have over a million simoleans due to royalties. It seems that each day the royalites grow expotentially, like doubling on themselves.  I have a picture, again as I said you can see that it's all from ONE book!!  I believe that this is causing my cache/save file to bloat which is then in turn causing crashes?  I'm experimenting a bit with it by reloading older saves, trying to find a save from before I published the book but no luck so far.   Is there any way to disable the royalties?  For the sake of experimenting that would be helpful. Standard smile

edit: forgot the link (duh)  http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/Marthea63/sims4royalties.png

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just an update in case anyone is having the same problem or is interested:  I rolled back to a save right before he published the book and lo and behold... no more crashes. Been playing for a few hours now and am able to save and travel without crashing. Hope this info helps someone Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (344 Views)

Hero

Insteresting observation.

Do you stllhave the bugged saved game ? If so, can you upload to mediafire or dropbox ?

Any idea what caused the royalties to bug out ? Do you have other books with the same title published ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think I still have the save, I'll check as soon as I can.  All I can guess on the royalties is that there's a coding error, it's like they kept doubling or something. So say first day was 50, second was 100, third was 200 etc etc.  It was the only book he published.  He didn't do any plug-ins or anything else. It was the only thing listed on the royalites screen. When I did the reload it was to a save where the book was still in his inventory, it was the children's book.  Very odd.  I've had some other odd behavior going on as well but it definitely seems to be the royalties that were causing my crashing.

Edit: Found the save file, will send you a PM with the link.

Message 4 of 5 (332 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (312 Views)