Out of bounds message displays and kills you when in a playable area

by StratosBebop

Original Post

Re: Return to the Battle! - No way out.

★★★ Novice

Additionally:

Our squadmate respawned me and the other squadmate who had the bug, but the moment we touched the ground we died again. The second time we were respawned we were able to touch the ground, but the timer started again and we died. 

Message 71 of 186 (930 Views)

★ Novice

This just happened to me.

ReproStep: 
1: Get on Dropship.

2: Get knockdown
3: Get revived.

4: Notice how nothing will get you back to battle. I tried zipline and get out of bounds to reset the timer. ONLY jumping was putting the timer on pause.

I also have it recorded if is any interest, I can post it.

Message 72 of 186 (696 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, same hear. For me it seemed like being on air stops the countdown. Also redeploy does not help. My Squad did it twice on me, no chance.

Message 73 of 186 (688 Views)

★ Novice
And the first time I got redeployed, I died instanly as I touched the ground the second time I had 30 seconds again.
Message 74 of 186 (687 Views)

Out of bounds timer not stopping

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GPU: Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 Number: 11276-02
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheUnholyZeb
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I was dropping in to the game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Landing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? one
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The return to battle time started and would not stop even when i touched the ground in the correct area
What should be happening instead? I shouldnt not die when I return to battle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure

I was dropping in to the map with a squad and I landed on an out of bounds mountain, when i got to the ground the timer did not stop, and would only stop when i was not touching the ground(jumping)

I died, and when my team respawned me The timer started again! and i died before i even got to the ground. 

Message 75 of 186 (682 Views)

"Out of Bounds" bug leading to instant respawn death - Happened again

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Novanious
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Gibraltar
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In a Supply Ship going over caves (near the Market an the Rivers), presumably above the forking caves with tons of loot pods.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing a regular match, landing on a supply ship
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 100+
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? For some unexplained reason, the first Airship that my team dropped onto entered an area where we were forced to get off the Airship or face immediate death (due to the out-of-bounds timer) - the caves near the river and market areas. My teammates landed fine without dying, but even though I got to the ground, I still died. When my teammate tried to revive me - twice - both times, as soon as I landed, I was immediately slain again.
What should be happening instead? I shouldn't be dying even though I'm not out-of-bounds.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try the various Airship flight patterns, and see if any of them go above out-of-bounds areas (again, this one in particular went over the forking caves near Market), otherwise I have no clue how - maybe try to jump off the supply ship and land right before the timer runs out (~3 seconds)?

The bug wasn't persistent - I played another game with the same character afterwards and had no issue.

It is also the first time the bug has happened to me in my 71 hours of playing.

https://youtu.be/haLiRva25Ho - (very bad, I needed to update OBS) video of me being revived the second time and dying as soon as I touch down.

Could possibly be multiple bugs? - one potential bug where an airship isn't supposed to go over OOB areas, a bug where the OOB timer persists even after you get back into a non-OOB area, and a bug where the OOB timer kills you every time you get revived?

EDIT - seems the bug is already reported, but I want to confirm that it indeed happened again. i was also revived while in an OOB area by a teammate while on an airship, and the exact same experience occurred for me - instant death until I just left the game.

Message 76 of 186 (658 Views)

The floor is lava bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GTHarris20
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. A-N-D-YH95
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Path
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting the supply ship over the middle of bunker
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.03.19 20:56 GMT
What happens when the bug occurs? Permanently gives me a 30 second countdown even when not out of bounds unless I am not on the floor. So I need to stay in the air for this not to kill me, so the timer goes back up a few seconds (depends how much air time I get). I got respawned twice, the first time I got instagibbed on landing and the second time gave me a countdown again
What should be happening instead? Should not have a death timer because I'm in the boundaries of the map
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try the same thing numerous times

Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. A-N-D-YH95
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting the supply ship over the middle of bunker
What happens when the bug occurs? Permanently gives me a 30 second countdown even when not out of bounds unless I am not on the floor. So I need to stay in the air for this not to kill me, so the timer goes back up a few seconds (depends how much air time I get). I got respawned twice, the first time I got instagibbed on landing and the second time gave me a countdown again
What should be happening instead? Should not have a death timer because I'm in the boundaries of the map

Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Flying over the out of bounds area in the supply ship
What happens when the bug occurs? Permanently gives me a 30 second countdown even when not out of bounds unless I am not on the floor. So I need to stay in the air for this not to kill me, so the timer goes back up a few seconds (depends how much air time I get). I got respawned twice, the first time I got instagibbed on landing and the second time gave me a countdown again.
What should be happening instead? Not having a countdown of death in the map
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fly many people over the out of bounds area in the supply ship with pathfinder, obviously won't happen the first time you try.

Message 77 of 186 (650 Views)

Re: "Out of Bounds" bug leading to instant respawn death - Happened ag

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had this exact same problem but instead, I was going over the middle of bunker - the out of bounds zone.

I was respawned twice. I insta-died the 1st time on landing and then the 2nd time gave me a 30 second timer countdown when I was on the ground. To elaborate on that, when I jumped up, the timer would go up somewhat, so the longer I wasn't on the ground, the timer went up in relation to how long I wasn't on the ground. I could've done this for a while as I was Pathfinder as well but I just got shot with no loot.

I gave this a nickname - floor is lava bug

This happened to me on standard PS4

Message 78 of 186 (641 Views)

Re: "Out of Bounds" bug leading to instant respawn death - Happened ag

★ Novice

I think I've found a reliable reproduction for the bug. If you are revived while the timer is active, then you'll have the timer any time you're in contact with the ground from then on, including after subsequent revives and respawns.

Message 79 of 186 (625 Views)

Out of map timer in play area

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Atheris19
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore (got bugged) and Lifeline (didn't get bugged)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. On top of the first supply ship overflying a mountain
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. We were just dropped from the ship onto the first supply ship and looted a couple things
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I played over level 90 and this was the first time I experienced this bug
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6 March 2019 20:20 CET
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't get rid of the "out of map" timer even after respawning
What should be happening instead? The "out of map" timer should stop once you are back in the play area of the map
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Drop on the first supply ship and while it is overflying a mountain and try jumping on a lower floor of the supply ship, I'm not sure this is the way to trigger it and it is not possible to do in every game

Both me and Bangalore got bugged but not Lifeline.
Me and Bangalore left the supply ship before Lifeline.

In the first clip (00:00
) we get bugged, in the second clip (00:55) we get recalled for the first time and in the third clip (01:34) we get recalled for the second time.

Getting downed or dying doesn't fix the issue and the first time we got respawned we died as soon as we touched the ground, the second time we got respawned we had the "out of map" timer once we touched the ground.

This is the reddit post I made about the bug: reddit.com/r/apexlegends
This is the video I posted on my YT account: youtube.com/watch

The issue is only temporary: leaving the game and starting a new one doesn't keep it going.

Message 80 of 186 (597 Views)