by StratosBebop

Original Post

Ship Out of Bounds Death Glitch

★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ItsMDale
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. kelfmeister15, Baby_Blue_2
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline, Wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The issue started while we were on the supply ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Flying on the supply ship above the mountains north of bunker
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4/5 not sure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02/17/19 16:03 or 4:03 pm
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? We took out a team and tried to ride the rest of the supply ship rout. However, as we flew over the mountains north of bunker/ west of cascades Baby_Blue_2 noticed that it told him to return to battle. He was on the lower catwalk of the ship and I was actually right next to him when he got the message but I was not getting the message. I walked back to the top of the ship and then dropped down next to him. As soon as I dropped next to him he was killed for "being out of bounds." As I fell next to him the message began to show on my screen. I grabbed Baby_Blue_2's banner and jumped off the drop ship thinking the message would go away, but the message wouldn't go away. After the 30 seconds my character died. My other teammate did not have the issue and he jumped off the supply ship and grabbed my banner. He re-spawned us in but when I fell to the ground I still had the out of bounds error. Baby_Blue_2 did not have the error any more. I continuously would die either 30 seconds after being re-spawned or immediately as I hit the ground when falling out of the re-spawn ship.
What should be happening instead? The out of bound message should not be showing and killing me repeatedly
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be on the lower deck of the supply ship as it descends over a mountain. I have not tried to replicate the glitch/bug

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14zINTOWGNBatetM1mEQ2VF7RCLDVAMMT

Let me know if I can do anything else to help or if the link to the video does not work!

Message 31 of 186 (1,206 Views)

Re: Ship Out of Bounds Death Glitch

★★★★★ Newbie
Happened to me as well on PC.
Message 32 of 186 (1,200 Views)

Re: Return to battle bug

★★★★★ Newbie

I looted the drop ship and then jumped to the ground and the countdown timer only stopped when i was in the air

Message 33 of 186 (1,238 Views)

Return to battle timer not going away after being on the ground.

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1050 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? joelsparkez
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Just landed
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Around 7-8
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18/02/2019
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When I landed on the supply ship I got the "Return to battle field in (Amount of time)" message on my screen so I looted and then jumped down for the message to not disappear, finally the timer hit 0 and I died yet this did not happen to my team mates. I then had my banner delivered to a beacon which when I respawned and landed I instantly died again.
What should be happening instead? There should be no timer on the supply ship and if there is it should disappear if you jump off
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Keep landing on the supply ship until the bug happens? I primarily play Pathfinder but out of the 5-6 times ive landed on the supply ship its only happened once, so I assume it is a rare bug

If anyone else has experienced this I would love to know! Thanks!

Message 34 of 186 (1,236 Views)

bug while landing on the supplyship

★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 2080 rxt
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SirThoomy
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. ClassicDutchGame
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? pathfinder and bangalore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. next to the marktplace
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. landing on the supplyship
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 20
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19-2-2019 02:00 eu time
What happens when the bug occurs? i died cuz it keep saying i needed to return to battle even when i whas on the ground
What should be happening instead? not getting the return to battle warrning when i am on the good side off the map
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to land on the supplyship fall down to the ground with out taking anything thats it

Hi i just joined a game with a friend we landed on the supply ship and it buged out it keeps saying return to battle after the timer runs out 2 off us died my friend picked up our banner and respawned me and my team mate and everytime we landed i died my team mate sayed jump it helped for him but not for me i keep getting the warning return to battle :S

Message 35 of 186 (1,229 Views)

"return to battle" warning and countdown every time character touched ground

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 1060 6gb ssc
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ThatOneGuy1398
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any part of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. was on drop ship after spawn
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.18.19 11:44 CST
What happens when the bug occurs? game says that you need to return to battle every time you are on the ground. the only way to stop the countdown from ticking is to be in the air/on a zipline. being on a zipline helped restart the 30 second timer. also, one time in the same game with the issue occurring, spawned in using respawner, when landed instantly died ( without ability to revive )
What should be happening instead? game should only show return to battle if player is out of bounds
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. spawned in on drop ship. 2. issue started occurring when dropship was hovering over mountains. 3. dropped down in PLAY AREA in order to stop the countdown. 4. "return to the battle" countdown continued every time one was not in the air in some way

issue occurred while landing on a drop ship from start of game. after ship was moving over mountains, "return to battle" warning appeared along with countdown. teammates also had countdown. in order to try and fix issue, landed on ground that was within play area. every time the character was on the ground (making contact with the ground), the "return to battle" warning countdown would continue. (this issue would not occur for my teammates that stayed on the drop ship. I then died once. my teammate picked up my banner and respawned me at the nearest respawner. upon landing from the respawn ship, instantly died and could not be revived. again, we spawned in by teammate that picked up banner at next respawner, and upon landing, received the same "return to battlefield" warning along with 30 second countdown. in order to avert this issue, jumped constantly and rushed to a zipline thinking that since it is technically not ground, may stop timer. my assumption was correct and the timer would not appear while ziplined ( or in the air in any fashion, such as jumping ). error continued through entire game, making it relatively impossible to play the game due to not being able to not stop jumping or ziplining. also, upon being downed by an enemy team, the "return to battlefield" warning would continue ( as i was downed, on the ground, with no way to get away from the ground). Basically, the entire game, i was playing a good ol game of "the floor is lava".  

Message 36 of 186 (1,245 Views)

Massive "Out of bounds" glitch in the game

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BeardedBamboo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. KiraDeLucifer and LordRobi251
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore and Gibraltar
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It was at the very start and on the floating loot ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. You'll see in the video
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Over a hundred
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19/02/2019 9:35 aprox. CUT
What happens when the bug occurs? I am constantly out of bounds and keep dying, I think it happened when I grappled on the ships engines or something and it put me on a loop
What should be happening instead? It shouldn't happen at all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, not good enough with coding, but remove the out of bounds part whenever you're on a ship and going over mountaints.

I took the liberties of shrinking the video down a bit, just to show the important bits and cutting out the filler.

One mre thing I noticed was that the time increased a bit when I was in the air so, yeah, interesting.

Here's the link to the video since I can't upload it here: https://youtu.be/NsemVN9Jw1U

Big thanks to the my team for actually putting up with it

KiraDeLucifer and LordRobi251

Kisses,

A Bamboo with a Beard

Message 37 of 186 (1,138 Views)

Re: Massive "Out of bounds" glitch in the game

★ Novice
Bump
Message 38 of 186 (1,110 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks, that's certainly an odd one, especially with the instagib on resurrection towards the start of the match. 

Can I check if you have a clip of you first getting the issue, or your first death? Grappling to the loot ship definitely sounds like the sort of thing that can break where the game thinks you are (grappling + moving ship means a lot of position/velocity variables) , so a clip of that would be very helpful. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 39 of 186 (1,099 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly no, I only started recording after this issue started happening, but that's basically how it happened, grappled all around the ship and then this happened

Message 40 of 186 (980 Views)