Re: Return to battle bug (PS4)

by 420savo

Original Post

Re: Out of bounds message displays and kills you when in a playable area

★★ Novice

Same issue on xbox. I was responded twice during match and died with same bug. Had 30 seconds after I landed. I can post video recording. It just happened so I can't link until xbox server picks up uploaded video. If needed post me and I will link. BTW respawn you owe me ranked points for this bs.

Message 151 of 186 (1,692 Views)

Re: Return to battle bug (PS4)

★★★ Newbie

same bug happen to me i have the clip

https://xboxclips.com/SAVO420GxnG01/0c72c4a3-aa04-4019-a343-05dbac526337/embed

this is the second time it happened please fix.

Message 152 of 186 (1,665 Views)

Return to Battle Message Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 3GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? KingSideCastling
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Impulsiiive, NeraaaPls
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder, Wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Started from the dropship which we landed on
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Jumped down from a dropship
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? about 5 games
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20 July 2019 2:30 am (Central Time)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When looting the dropship, "return to battle" message pops up at the middle of the screen and stays there even though I have dropped down to the battlefield (the ground) and eventually kills me. Also, when I get respawned by my teammate at a respawn beacon, the moment I touch the ground again, the message is still there and it kills me again. Because of this, I lost 3RP in my rank game and I would like it to be given back.
What should be happening instead? The "return to battle" message should not be present when the player has dropped from the dropship and returned to the battlefield.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am sure this bug has been an issue for many players for quite some time. ‌

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 3GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? KingSideCastling
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Impulsiiive, NeraaaPls
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? LifeLine
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder, Wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Started from the dropship which we landed on
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Jumped down from a dropship
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? about 5 games
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20 July 2019 2:30 am (Central Time)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? When looting the dropship, "return to battle" message pops up at the middle of the screen and stays there even though I have dropped down to the battlefield (the ground) and eventually kills me. Also, when I get respawned by my teammate at a respawn beacon, the moment I touch the ground again, the message is still there and it kills me again. Because of this, I lost 3RP in my rank game and I would like it to be given back.
What should be happening instead? The "return to battle" message should not be present when the player has dropped from the dropship and returned to the battlefield.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am sure this bug has been an issue for many players for quite some time.

Message 153 of 186 (1,683 Views)

Re: Return to Battle Message Bug

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @KingSideCastling.

Can you grab us a video or screenshot of the issue as you are seeing it?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 154 of 186 (1,673 Views)

Re: Return to Battle Message Bug

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I play on Xbox one with the gamertag ThisIsTheShane and I have it recorded on my console. Same exact thing happened to me. My teammates witnessed it but it did not happen to them as they did not land on the supply ship.
Message 155 of 186 (1,666 Views)

Re: "Out of Bounds" bug leading to instant respawn death

★★★ Newbie

This is still not fixed. And happens in Season 2 also...

Message 156 of 186 (1,674 Views)

Constant Out of Bounds after first spawn

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080 Ti OC Strix
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Arzie774
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Metal platform north of the scorched forest
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Passing through a Out of Bouds area when first jumping out of drop ship,
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20/7/2019
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Dies after ''out of bounds'' timer runs out
What should be happening instead? No timer should be present after exiting the ''out of bounds'' area
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try passing through the ''out of bounds'' area and landing on the platform on Wetlands

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080 Ti OC Strix
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Arzie774
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Metal platform north of the scorched forest
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Passing through a Out of Bouds area when first jumping out of drop ship,
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20/7/2019
What happens when the bug occurs? Dies after ''out of bounds'' timer runs out
What should be happening instead? No timer should be present after exiting the ''out of bounds'' area
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try passing through the ''out of bounds'' area and landing on the platform on Wetlands

Message 157 of 186 (1,687 Views)

Return To Battle MSG on allowed zones, appears after respawn too.

★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 1050 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 -3200mhz hyperx
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Hawzard
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? lifeline/mirage
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Relay
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Dropped down from a supply ship to an area that is normally "inside the map" while dropping i received "return to battle 30 sec" msg, however i was inside the playable zone and i still had the message.. then i died, my team lol'd and respawned me... even after i respawned i got the freaking message again and died after 30sec.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20:21 pm - 22.07.2019
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What happens when the bug occurs? i freaking died. Even after i respawn the "return to battle 30sec" message pops back up and i die again in 30sec.
What should be happening instead? i should be alive lol
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the supply ship that we dropped was outside of the map and was traveling towards the map, so we looted it fast and jumped at the first place available. While travelling down i received the return to battle msg that you usually get when you are in prohibited places. However once inside the map the msg kept on counting.

the supply ship that we dropped was outside of the map and was traveling towards the map, so we looted it fast and jumped at the first place available. While travelling down i received the return to battle msg that you usually get when you are in prohibited places. However once inside the map the msg kept on counting. I died in 30sec, then my team respawned me and the message poped up again (obviously i was deep inside the map at this point) and then i just died again.

Message 158 of 186 (1,673 Views)

I DIED FROM HIGH ALTITUDE WARNING ON THE GROUND

★★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 2070RTX
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JonSnowTheThird
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Jackherrer13, axiom1986
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Watson, Caustic
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply ship, jumped down around bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running on the ground
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23/07/19 19:05
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What happens when the bug occurs? DEATH.
What should be happening instead? I should NOT DIE from high altitude warning when I am clearly on the ground.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea of how your systems work.

I landed on the supply ship solo, injured another pathfinder and looted before leaving. I jumped off the supply ship, landed on the ground, ran up around the high mountains. The high altitude warning started showing up. First it kept flashing and resetting I think, then it was steady for around 15s. When it was somewhere around 10s left it started flashing off, however when it returned it had not reset. As a result it killed me off when it reached 0, while I had been running all 30s and more on the ground.

Message 159 of 186 (1,766 Views)

Apex Legends being out of bounds, while being in bounds.

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD 2700X, AMD RX580 8GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? [edit: email address removed]
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore and bloodhound
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Around the Repulsor and Bridges area
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Dropping from the supply ship to the ground.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5th game (best estimate)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23.07.19 04:35am EDST
What happens when the bug occurs? It says Return to battle and begins a countdown
What should be happening instead? No countdown timer.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The jumpmaster pinged HydroDam, we dropped from the ship and landed on the Supply ship and looted. We dropped to the triangle area in front of Repulsor. As soon as I landed the count down began. If I jumped it would disappear, when I landed, it would continue. If I took a zip line, it would stop. But, when I landed on the other end it would restart the countdown at 30 seconds. Even after dying and being resurrected. The same event would happen. I was able to capture some of my experience on my YouTube channel. https://youtu.be/VCi6nFXPiQU

I was able to capture 7m 14s of my experience on my youtube channel.  The link to the video is below.

https://youtu.be/VCi6nFXPiQU

Message 160 of 186 (1,778 Views)