Return to the Battle! - No way out.

by ChrisMarioTV

Original Post

Out of Bounds timer when I was never OOB. Resulting in dying.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1080Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SenGoesRawr_
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. ---
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline, probably can happen with all
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Area between Market and Water Treatment, landed on the supplyship ontop the buildings, slid down and died in the buidings between the two areas due to OOB timer.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. We landed from the drophip, we were aiming for the supplyship, I hit the ledge and slid down the dropship and at that moment I got OOB timer counting down, which didn't leave even though I was on the ground in normal playable area.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It was first for the day.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.2.2019 15:13 GMT+3 (Helsinki time)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? We landed from the drophip, we were aiming for the supplyship, I hit the ledge and slid down the dropship and at that moment I got OOB timer counting down, which didn't leave even though I was on the ground in normal playable area, killed one player and died to the timer myself right after.
What should be happening instead? Nothing really, as I landed on the ship, but game force slid me off it while still in the gliding down animation, and hit the normal playable ground but still got out of bounds timer resulting in me dying.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm really not sure how to re-do it, I tried explaining the best I could what I was doing earlier.

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1080Ti
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SenGoesRawr_
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. ---
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline, probably can happen with all
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Area between Market and Water Treatment, landed on the supplyship ontop the buildings, slid down and died in the buidings between the two areas due to OOB timer.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. We landed from the drophip, we were aiming for the supplyship, I hit the ledge and slid down the dropship and at that moment I got OOB timer counting down, which didn't leave even though I was on the ground in normal playable area.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It was first for the day.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.2.2019 15:13 GMT+3 (Helsinki time)
What happens when the bug occurs? We landed from the drophip, we were aiming for the supplyship, I hit the ledge and slid down the dropship and at that moment I got OOB timer counting down, which didn't leave even though I was on the ground in normal playable area, killed one player and died to the timer myself right after.
What should be happening instead? Nothing really, as I landed on the ship, but game force slid me off it while still in the gliding down animation, and hit the normal playable ground but still got out of bounds timer resulting in me dying.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm really not sure how to re-do it, I tried explaining the best I could what I was doing earlier.

LOL idk what's happening with the text coming in twice. I tired to edit and took out the repeat but it was there again.

Message 11 of 186 (1,274 Views)

"Return to battle" Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

"Return to battle"

I got this bug after update (13.2.2019), i know there were some problems with drop ship before but it seems like you didn't fix it.

Message 12 of 186 (3,488 Views)

Re: Landing on Dropship Gives 'Return to Battle'

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this issue aswell and have a video to add to it.   https://youtu.be/dJza4vFBrCE

Message 13 of 186 (1,858 Views)

Re: Out of Bounds On Ground Bug

★ Novice

This has just happened to me. I was jumpmaster and went to the ship. We were a premade of 3. After a few seconds, we were warned to go back to the map, so we grabbed the last items and jumped. My friends did not get the message again, but it stayed on me. I died, they grabbed my flag and revived me. When I drooped I instantly died again. Repeat and instantly died. Repeat and now I had the 30 seconds of out of bounds before I died. Repeated and 30 seconds again. Then we ended up losing. My friend could record one of my instant deads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfvODSsRcE&feature=youtu.be

I hope it gets fixed because it is pretty game breaking.

Message 14 of 186 (1,419 Views)

Return to the battle bug on the supply ship

★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD R9 380
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? WolfCvlt666
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply Ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using my grapple
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? A lot
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 14/02/2019
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as the bug occurs i get the out of bounds message and the game kills me. I was never out of bounds.
What should be happening instead? It should not kill me if i have not been out of bounds
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess you should check the parts that are out of bounds on a supply ship and then try swinging from the front of the ship and then to the side of the ship where you are supposed to drop off.

I just got out of a match that instantly killed me after getting the out of bounds message when i was never out of bounds. I was dropping to the supply ship, got some loot from the middle of the ship on the second level, but i made a mistake and fell on the front of the ship. I used my grapple and did a pretty perfect swing from the front of the ship to the side. As soon as i got inside the ship i got the message that i was out of bounds. When i dropped down i saw the message go away for a second then as soon as i hit the ground the message was brought back up and i was dead after the time ran out. Now keep in mind that I'm pretty sure the supply ship's top hull is out of bounds and I'm pretty sure i grazed it when i got in the ship, but i did not the the message when got from the drop ship to the deck of the ship.  After my teammates got my banner and respawn me, as soon as i touched the ground i was dead again. It was tragic.

Message 15 of 186 (3,533 Views)

"return to battlefield" message wherever you go.

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD A10 - 6800K APU
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? bignoogerboy
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound, Pathfinder
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. the supply sjip
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just got revived
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 14/02/2019 20:40
What happens when the bug occurs? get a "return to battlefield" message wherever you are unless airborne, die from it, die instantly whenever respawned in by team
What should be happening instead? not getting "return to battlefield" message when im fully in level bounds
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? >drop on supply ship >get downed >get an enemy to do a finisher on you >get teammate to kill enemy halfway through finisher so you dont die but are still downed >get revived by said teammate >get message to "return to battlefield" wherever you are unless airborne

i got respawned in twice and both times, i got killed instantly by the enemy that damaged me last apparently even though as soon as i get in control of my character i get insta-killed probably from being out of bounds??

Message 16 of 186 (1,327 Views)

Re: "return to battlefield" message wherever you go.

★★★★★ Newbie

just happened to me after landing on that ship that flies around

Message 17 of 186 (1,318 Views)

Given out-of-bounds prompt when landing on moving ship

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lunanem
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. keyitemgaming, Polyphora
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lunanem (pathfinder)
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? polyphora (lifeline), keyitemgaming (bloodhound)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Moving Loot Ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Landing on ship, then reviving.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5-6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.19 12:43
What happens when the bug occurs? Friend (keyitemgaming) and I landed on the moving loot ship, and we were both present with the out-of-bounds PLEASE RETURN prompt. Mine went away, his did not, even after landing on the ground. He was killed by the game. Then, upon respawning, he was instantly killed AGAIN, despite respawning via the beacon.
What should be happening instead? Landing on ship and not being prompted with OoB prompt.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe via landing on the moving ship when it's over an OoB area?

https://clips.twitch.tv/IntelligentDifferentBeeDoritosChip https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardWanderingPancakeBCWarrior

Message 18 of 186 (1,246 Views)

[GAMEBREAKING] Infinite "Return to Battle" death glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number irrelevant
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ApexLegendsUser1
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. airship when it started
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. landed on a airship, left the airship and came back up from a balloon, and then was killed by someone on the airship. when my teammate picked me up at an altar this glitch began.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? unsure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.19
What happens when the bug occurs? Landing on the air ship causes a "return to battle" 30 second timer on your screen which will kill you upon reaching 0. If you get revived from an altar, you will die immediately after touching the ground on the re-drop or after a newly displayed 30 second "return to battle" timer is displayed. This happens infinitely until you return to the lobby
What should be happening instead? Not happening in the first place
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? game play on you tube or land on an airship -This is not my footage but it is somones clip which I have found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBZpEOmPUQ

AMD or Nvidia Model Number irrelevant
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ApexLegendsUser1
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. airship when it started
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. landed on a airship, left the airship and came back up from a balloon, and then was killed by someone on the airship. when my teammate picked me up at an altar this glitch began.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? unsure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.19
What happens when the bug occurs? Landing on the air ship causes a "return to battle" 30 second timer on your screen which will kill you upon reaching 0. If you get revived from an altar, you will die immediately after touching the ground on the re-drop or after a newly displayed 30 second "return to battle" timer is displayed. This happens infinitely until you return to the lobby
What should be happening instead? Not happening in the first place
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? game play on you tube or land on an airship -This is not my footage but it is somones clip which I have found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBZpEOmPUQ

Dying on the air ship and being revived at an altar puts a "return to battle" message and a 30 second timer on your screen which will kill you upon reaching 0. If you get revived from an altar, you will die immediately after touching the ground on the re-drop or after a newly displayed 30 second "return to battle" timer is displayed. Infinitely.

Message 19 of 186 (3,714 Views)

Return to the Battle! - No way out.

★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Asus ROG Strix 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 @ 3000MHz
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ChrisMarioTV
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. RaSun86, VODKAxD1
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith, Pathfinder
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Moving dropship, moving over The Shattered Forest
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Landing on a moving dropship
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5 or 6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.19 @ 15:30 (Norway)
What happens when the bug occurs? This is the first time it's happened to me, but after landing on the dropship we got the "Return to the battle!" message with the 30 seconds countdown. I look down below us to find that the dropship was moving very close to the arch where one would also get the message if flying off of a baloon and getting too close to it, so I figured "ah, it's probably just that." - The countdown presist, so I try to jump off the dropship to see if it helps. The countdown keeps going, but stops every time I jump. Eventually, the timer reaches 0 on RaSun86 who drops dead, then me.
What should be happening instead? Not sure what to put here.. ;P Not what happened, at least! ;p
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I believe if you manage to get the dropship to do the same movement/path as it took in our game, it will happen to you too. Not sure though, but I think what triggered it was that it was flying too close to the top of the mountain-arch where you see me look down at in the beginning of the attatched video.

Video/Clip from Twitch Stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/chrismariotv/clip/BitterEnchantingLardAMPEnergy

DxDiag is attatched as a text-document.

Message 20 of 186 (4,107 Views)