Out of Ring Message (and death) When In Ring

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? asmallmammal
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline and maybe Caustic or Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Cascades I think
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Just playing normally
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 6 maybe
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 16/07/19 - evening EST
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Dropped from the initial drop ship at start of game and hit an out of bounds cliff. The "get back in the ring" message continued to display and count down when I was on the normal ground. When the timer ended, I died. I was respawned and the message started again. When I jumped the timer went away, but as soon as I touched the ground the timer started again. It eventually killed me again.
What should be happening instead? The "out of ring" message should stop when I land in-bounds again.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. It happened to a friend maybe a week ago, and then to me yesterday (July 16) and those are the only times I've seen it. I've landed out of bounds before and the bug hasn't happened. No idea how to replicate, sorry!

Essentially I put the explanation in the other boxes above. I landed out of bounds on the initial drop but got back in-bounds before the timer ran out...but the timer continued even when i was in-bounds. When the timer reached zero it killed me. Once I was respawned by my teammates the timer immediately started again, even though I was in-bounds the entire time.

Jumping stopped the timer countdown for the duration of my jump, but as soon as i touched the ground again the timer continued. It eventually killed me again, as if I had stayed out of bounds the entire time.

Message 1 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: Out of Ring Message (and death) When In Ring

★ Novice

You weren't in Cascades. This bug can be replicated by landing on the Nesting Grounds (Old Shattered Forest) side of the cliff and falling off. Only 1 squadmate will get the bug, and it can also occur by jumping from a supply ship onto the cliffside. It has a small chance of doing it, I don't remember if i'd made a post about this or not. Been happening since launch

Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)