Option thumbnails doesn't display in Create A Player/Team

by Mickelraven

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Option thumbnails doesn't display in Create A Player/Team

★★★ Apprentice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not a programmer, I'm not sure how you're suppose to find it. It seems to work for everyone else but me.
What happens when the bug occurs? In Create A Player, when you go to appearance/equipment/presentation options, or in Create A Team, when you go to logos and branding/team uniform/arena/mascot, none of the options display their thumbnails.
What do you expect to see? All the options that display thumbnails, should display the thumbnails for the options before I select them
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Create A Player and Create A Team (probably World Of CHEL and Be A Pro too since they have player creation elements)
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Around 0:00-1:00
What is your time zone? EET (ART) - GMT + 2:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Mickelraven
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

If you look at the empty circles on the left, there's suppose to display head options for create a player, and logo options for create a team. Anywhere that has options in the shape of these circles, it doesn't display anything. I'm pretty sure these are only seen when creating players in World Of CHEL, Be A Pro, in general, and seen when creating teams in EASHL, in general. This worked fine and displayed the thumbnails properly when I had the NHL 21 technical test.

Screenshot (336).png

Screenshot (337).png

I tried to exit Create A Player/Team and go back, didn't fix it.

I tried to close the game and relaunch it, didn't fix it.

I tried to turn off my PS4 and reboot it and relaunch the game, didn't fix it.

I tried to uninstall the game, reinstall it, and relaunch it, didn't fix it.

My friend claims it works on his PS4 just fine, and all the YouTube videos I've seen of people playing NHL 21, it works for them just fine. For some reason this game doesn't want to work for me.

Message 1 of 15 (610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Option thumbnails doesn't display in Create A Player/Team

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can say, re-installing the game, not opening anything until the entire game downloads worked for me. I'm hardwired to my router so I just unplugged everything for 15 minutes and turned it all back on. I didn't reset my router and actually forgot to delete some NHL21 files in my PS4 and it still worked. This isn't ideal but it did work for me. (PS4). 

EA_Blueberry: The team is aware of this and looking into it. Approving this for visibility purposes. 

Please try reinstalling the game and DO NOT open the game up until it's fully installed. We apologize for this sudden issue and any confusion it may have caused. 

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (615 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hello, @Mickelraven 

When you reinstall, are you waiting until the game fully installs to play or are you playing before it completes? Others have reported that's important in regards to a different issue, but it's possible that could help with this. Also, try restoring your licenses with the instructions here and rebuild your database with these steps.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 15 (582 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I installed the game for the third time, everything works now

Message 3 of 15 (563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When you delete and reinstall, do you keep all your data?

Message 4 of 15 (512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did play the game before fully downloading it and I have the same problem as well

Message 5 of 15 (482 Views)

★★ Novice

PS4 is doing the same. This is the worst launch of the game yet. So many errors. $100 for the elite version. Thanks for the money grab EA !!!

Message 6 of 15 (500 Views)

★★ Novice

My game is fully installed for 4 days. Still happening. Great job EA

Message 7 of 15 (460 Views)

Community Manager

@Hatrix039 

The bug occurs when you load into the game before it and the update has completed installing. Please follow these instructions:

Delete anything NHL 21 related off your console.

Go to your consoles online store through a web browser and initiate the download.

Make sure the game and the update are both 100% installed. Do not enter the game while they are still installing.

Power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up.

Try playing again and let me know if it's working or not.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 15 (449 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ll try it. Both games we opened HUT packs and can’t see them. Will that be lost? 

Message 9 of 15 (441 Views)

Community Manager

@Hatrix039 

You won't lose those packs.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 15 (437 Views)