Original Post

Accepted Solution

Optimizing Shaders causing delays in HVV lobby

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? In-Game Store & Crates
Summarize your bug recent update is using "optimizing shaders" when moving from venue to venue and it is causing a delay getting into the venue/match
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play HVV on PC
What happens when the bug occurs? optimzing shaders happens for a few seconds, then the screen stays in a state where it does not allow the player to pick a character - i.e. stays on End of Match screen until next match starts (without being able to pick a character)
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

While I've seen variations of this bug in this past, this is the worst, as you don't even get to the character selection screen.

I have DX12 turned off BTW, so not sure why its even optimizing shaders, as it used to only do that when DX12 was turned on.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 1 of 34 (22,827 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Optimizing Shaders causing delays in HVV lobby

Hero

@kudujerky wrote:
@Jbird856Was this ever fixed? Having these issues with optimizing shaders now, title screen just won’t load

Thanks for asking. Yes, the bug I reported got fixed somewhere along the way.

While you can open a separate bug with your issue, it is unlikely to get fixed given where the game is in its lifecycle (i.e. no more updates).

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (9,287 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I can confirm this has also happened to me in my tests in the day the patch came out

Message 2 of 34 (22,736 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having this same issue as well. You eventually load in after waiting roughly 1 minute after the optimizing shader bar completes and the screen flashes. I have tried previous loading bug fixes like shader cache and making sure DX 12 is not mysteriously enabled. Hopefully this gets more attention.

I was leaning toward it having something to do with graphics card/ingame settings as well or nvidia drivers but it's probably something else.Current card is a 1080 Ti.

Message 3 of 34 (22,728 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone actually heard back on any of this? Would be nice to see a "Looking in to it" somewhere.

Message 4 of 34 (22,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Main forum members have been suggesting it's a PC only issue. Hope with this info they can narrow it down to make it easier to fix

The topic they've been discussing about it can be found here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/144609/new-this-is-a-new-one-thanks-devs-gamebreaking-b...

Message 5 of 34 (22,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is an issue with the nVidia cards/driver. I had this last year, then went away for a few months and now it's happening again on my GTX 970.

My main PC with an AMD Vega 56 doesn't have this issue, only the first time I launch the game and load the maps after updating the game or the driver - which is normal (when using an AMD card there is no "optimizing shaders" message in DX11 but we can see it happening if we monitor the CPU usage, also noticeable since even the menu will stutter until it's done).

For some reason the nVidia driver recreates the cache each time a map is loaded, even though there were no game or driver updates, so the old files should work fine.

You can try reseting the shadercache by removing all files in: "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache"

Message 6 of 34 (22,580 Views)

Hero

@Szaby59 wrote:

This is an issue with the nVidia cards/driver. I had this last year, then went away for a few months and now it's happening again on my GTX 970.

My main PC with an AMD Vega 56 doesn't have this issue, only the first time I launch the game and load the maps after updating the game or the driver - which is normal (when using an AMD card there is no "optimizing shaders" message in DX11 but we can see it happening if we monitor the CPU usage, also noticeable since even the menu will stutter until it's done).

For some reason the nVidia driver recreates the cache each time a map is loaded, even though there were no game or driver updates, so the old files should work fine.

You can try reseting the shadercache by removing all files in: "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache"

Sorry to say that's not it.  Same problem after removing those files.

Message 7 of 34 (22,554 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have the same problem as you do. I play DirectX11 but I have this shader optimization bar all the time.

Usually, it only happened when DirectX12 was enabled but even then under DirectX11 we have that.

I hope it's just a bug.

For the record, I have a GTX 1080.

Message 8 of 34 (22,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It won't fix the issue, but might reduce its occurrence. Btw. it's normal to see "Optimizing shaders" after a driver, game update or when you reset the cache. But only for the first time you load a map. For some reason the nvidia driver ignores the cached files and recreates them every time. Maybe the game telling it to do so, maybe a driver issue. It's not the first time this happens though.

Message 9 of 34 (22,523 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My name is Manuel and I am part of the NVIDIA Customer Care team.  Can you fill out the NVIDIA Display Driver feedback form so we can look into this please?

GeForce Feedback

Regards,

Manuel

NVIDIA Customer Care

www.twitter.com/ManuelGuzman

Message 10 of 34 (22,479 Views)