GLITCH IN PAUSE MENU

by zmartinez12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Opponent's pause glitching you? SOLUTION

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What's up everybody? So here in the past couple weeks I've been walking away with the W to have my opponent pause the game without the 30 sec clock starting it's countdown. Contacted EA and they claim this is called a pause glitch. Well it looks like I found a way to start the clock, if you notice the clock isent counting down go to the far right of the pause menu and select Accessibility,. As soon as the weird automative voice finish's talking back out to the main pause menu. When you back out to the main pause screen it causes an automatic refresh and your clock will start it's countdown from 30 and kick you both back to the game. It has worked Everytime I've done it. As soon as we're back In the game my opponent quits.

Message 1 of 25 (23,165 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Opponent's pause glitching you?

Community Manager

@Jerrod331 

Thank you for sharing the workaround. The team is aware of this and investigating. Thumbs up 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 25 (23,116 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Jerrod331 

Thank you for sharing the workaround. The team is aware of this and investigating. Thumbs up 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 25 (23,117 Views)

GLITCH IN PAUSE MENU

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Monkeyhuevos12
Date/time issue occurred 3/12/20 9:20AM - 10:00AM (still on going)
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Seasons
Summarize your bug I am currently playing versus user OBONZ on seasons. We are in the 4th quarter with 1:51 remaining till the end. I am winning 21-0 and my opponent has paused the gaming and won't unpause the game. There is no timer for the pause so we have been in the pause menu for about 45 minutes and counting. The game is still currently paused and I can't do anything other than wait or forfeit the match. This is not fair why I would have to lose just to play this game.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's currently happening right now. Current Madden 20 match. Monkeyhuevos12 vs OBONZ. I also reported this on Xbox One.
What happens when the bug occurs? No timer on the pause menu.
What do you expect to see? A timer so we can continue playing fairly.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Please help now.

Message 3 of 25 (22,929 Views)

Madden 20 pause glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’m done with this ea. This guy is not only a hardcore pay to win who buys coins off sketchy websites but now I’m up 20-0 in a game that could send me to the playoffs and he just pauses it... and guess what... I can’t resume it! Please ban [Removed - CM] on Xbox for handing me a loss. I’ve been sitting here for 45 minutes and you guys are enabling it. This is ridiculous.

EA_Blueberry: Removed Gamertag

Message 4 of 25 (22,937 Views)

Re: Madden 20 pause glitch

Community Manager

@Arig1026 

The team is aware of this. OP provided a possible workaround if you unfortunately come across it again. I removed the Gamertag you reported as naming and shaming is against the forum rules here, nor does our forum team investigate these reports. We have a special team trained to do that, please report players via this method: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you for your help keeping the game fair for everyone.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 25 (22,911 Views)

★ Novice

I hope it gets fixed. This is terrible. 

Message 6 of 25 (22,776 Views)

Re: Opponent's pause glitching you? SOLUTION

★★★ Apprentice

Hope you reported them.  They should be permanently banned.

Message 7 of 25 (22,632 Views)

Madden 20 pause glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Lizzo4080
Date/time issue occurred Every single day
What type of issue do you have? Exploit
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Seasons
Summarize your bug People pause the game so I automatically lose unless I wait 1 or more hours for their Xbox to turn off
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play your own damn game
What happens when the bug occurs? My opponent pauses the game and the timer goes away so I either have to wait for their Xbox to turn off or leave
What do you expect to see? My being able to play a game of madden and win fairly
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Fix the pause glitch this is ridiculous it’s getting to the point where about 2-3 games a season I lose because of it.

Message 8 of 25 (22,525 Views)

Re: Opponent's pause glitching you? SOLUTION

★★★ Newbie
@Jerrod331 Yeah that isn’t workin for me, been in a pause screen for over an hour with someone.
Message 9 of 25 (22,335 Views)

Pause Glitch

★★★ Newbie

I am furious that it took me 2 hours to finish a game because you guys have yet to fix the pause glitch. This person did it every single time he got the ball to the point where I didn’t even care how the outcome of the game went. EA Sports and Play Station this is very unacceptable but from the looks of things you guys don’t care at all. 

Message 10 of 25 (22,084 Views)