Re: Opponent matches aren't fair

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Mult1guy

Here is a breakdown of how the different levels work:

• Player level: You player level is based on the amount of experience (XP) that you earn. You get XP through battles, bounties, leveling up units. You can only gain XP and never lose it. Your player level will determine what units are unlocked. So as someone with Player Level 16, you only have a fraction of the units unlocked. If you go up against someone with a higher player level, they will have more units available to use.
  • Unit / Commander level: This is the level that your units and commander have. Your commander level will determine the level of your base and harvester. The level 4 indicator that you mention is the level of your Commander. You can train your units or Commanders with credits. After a unit or commander has three training levels, you can increase their level when you have the correct number of unit or Commander cards.
  • The I, II, and III indicator refers to the division markers within each league. You move up leagues and divisions with Medals. You gain medals for a victory and lose medals for a defeat. The number of medals gained or lost depends on the medal difference between you and your opponent. Generally, if you have fewer medals that your opponents, you will earn more medals for a victory and lose fewer medals on a defeat. If you get a Challenge Battle, then you lose no medals for a defeat.

A match is determined to be a Challenge Battle based on specific criteria. There isn't anything you can do to start a Challenge Battle, as it is determined after the match is made.

• Medal Count: A Challenge Battle will trigger if your opponent has 200 more medals than you
  • Unknown Unit: If your opponent is a higher player level and is using a unit that you haven't unlocked, it will trigger an 'Unknown Unit' challenge battle. This is ONLY for units; if your opponent is using a Commander that you haven't unlocked yet, you won't get a Challenge Battle
  • Higher level unit: This triggers if your opponent has a higher average unit level, with specific criteria:
    • Your average unit level must be within 4 of the league unit level cap
    • Your opponent's average unit level must be at least 1.5 levels higher than yours
    • Your opponent's average unit level must be within 1.5 levels of the league unit level cap

Hopefully this all makes sense. If you have any questions on how these work, please let me know.

What league are you currently in?

Message 11 of 15 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, your explanation is clear. So basically I'm right. You specifically create unfair matches. That's just great. Ever considered making it even? Ya know, to make it more fun, give users even a small glimpse of a chance? No? Oh. Thanks for the reply.

Message 12 of 15 (1,141 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Mult1guy wrote:

Well, your explanation is clear. So basically I'm right. You specifically create unfair matches. That's just great. Ever considered making it even? Ya know, to make it more fun, give users even a small glimpse of a chance? No? Oh. Thanks for the reply.

Well, that is not entirely true.

What is true is that this game is completely unable to provide fair matchups consistently. If the developers managed to fix that, C&C Rivals would become a fantastic game.

Message 13 of 15 (1,128 Views)

★ Novice

great improvement now..level doesn t matter any more...u can after the first couple of shot decide to leave the mach since all your efforts are useless...give a trophy to ea team...how to never get my money...ps please

Message 14 of 15 (971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Appreciate this is an old post. But I have to say how frustrating it is to play Rivals now I have been promoted into a league where every single match is me trying to beat opponents with 2 unit levels on average above mine. It's basically impossible unless I get a sneaky rush on all harvesters. I appreciate the protection of I lose but what I really want is just a fair match. For 3 weeks straight now it's the same for every single match. Poor show guys. Please fix

Message 15 of 15 (655 Views)