Re: Event time longer than displayed - not receiving event advantage time

by SalixCat

Original Post

[Open] - Wrong initial duration displayed on event/hangout cards

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Idk
OS Version 12
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select sim select relationship event long
What do you expect to see? Time it should take to complete is different from timer that begins. For example time with traits says 6.20 once selected timer begins counting down fron 7.36
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country

Thank you

Message 1 of 23 (1,999 Views)

@yoligirl222 I can't reproduce this, what story are your Sims doing?

Screenshot_20200217-122542_The Simss.jpg

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 23 (1,944 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello you said you could not reproduce but it corrected.  Please see my submission after an update it is doing this again.  It doesnt matter what event for me. In searching the board, i noticed this was also a previous problem On an event. I will try to capture images

Message 3 of 23 (1,787 Views)

Hero
@yoligirl222 Yes, please share screenshots that help us understand what you experience 🙂

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 23 (1,765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

68972E58-0252-4E31-820A-DC2E1556B6A7.jpegEvent time
8C836E7F-9121-4CA7-B114-9A1C8C8FD3C2.jpegActual time to complete 

this is a relationship story. It is happening with all types of events . I will remember to capture more

Message 5 of 23 (1,722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Different Sim different relationship Type

second example

149AC0AF-CF6C-43F9-A269-D12614CDA8EF.jpeg9DE690DA-DA02-4B66-A119-EB2A3A4DF356.jpegBDDB714D-25D8-4BED-A7B7-6AA60D3B963E.jpeg

Message 6 of 23 (1,719 Views)

Hero
@yoligirl222 Thank you for your reply.
I'm sorry but I can't read your screenshots. They are too small and the resolution is perhaps too low so zooming in only makes the images blurry.

Could you please post bigger screenshots, or with higher resolution?

Message 7 of 23 (1,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SalixCatI'm also experiencing this issue for several months already. Here is what I deduced.

The traits of the other sims affect the duration of the relationship event. Say, I'm doing a friendly story and the Outgoing trait of my sim decreases the time of the event. Similarly the Outgoing trait of the other sim is supposed to decrease the time of the event (at least that is what was happening before). But I think some of the winter's updates removed this feature. The event card will still say the old duration, but the actual time would remove that boost from the trait of the other sim.

In the video below, you can see that the event card says 41 minutes for an event, but then it shows 48 minutes. The other sim has a relevant Alluring trait for this romantic story.

This happens with the sims of other players (the ones which have relevant traits) or with your own sims (like adult NPCs you haven't promoted who has Good Upbringing trait or retired sims).

Edit: I'm not sure why the video shows up really small. I will include screenshots below.

Message 8 of 23 (1,663 Views)

★★★ Guide

Here are the screenshots

IMG_3108.jpgIMG_3109.jpg

Message 9 of 23 (1,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yani_tsm Thanks for the screenshots. 

The way in which the information is shown on the cards was changed in the High Fashion update (September 2019). 

Here's an example. On the left side you can see how it was before the High Fashion update. It showed same time (1 h 18 s) when Bella (adult w/out good upbringing) had a family event with a child who already had good upbringing. After the update, it showed 57 min. on the card and an effective duration of 1 hour. Those 3 minutes are due to the kid's GU trait, not Bella's as she doesn't have GU. 

Tap or click on the image to enlarge:

I asked then for an explanation. The answer I had is that nothing's actually changed in terms of the actual event duration as the 18s are just rounded off. 

Event duration is reduced only if the triggering Sim has the trait.

The issue here is the information displayed on the card. It is expecting the target Sims's GU to reduce the event duration when it's only the triggering Sim's trait that can affect event duration.

Message 10 of 23 (1,601 Views)