by mrdoggie94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Open][Workaround] Unable to accept or decline friend request

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 5S
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003048863868
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept or decline a friend request
What do you expect to see? Friend request accepted or declined
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country
Additional feedback

Unable to accept/decline friend request.

Message 1 of 40 (7,952 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Friend Referral failed

★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike 

I got my friend request to go away, but I don’t know how other players would be able to do it because I control both accounts. Other players may not be able to contact the other person with the stuck friend invitation. 

This is how my glitch occurred. 

• From my alt account (Mini Mal) I sent a friend invitation to my main account (Mal).
  • I didn’t see Mini Mal’s friend request immediately appear in Mal’s messages, so I sent a friend invitation in the reverse direction. I sent a request to Mini Mal from Mal. 
  • I accepted the friend invitation that appeared in Mini Mal’s messages, and Mal appeared in the contact list. Mini Mal also appeared on Mal’s contact list.
  • The friend invitation that Mal sent to Mini Mal was also stuck in the messages tab, neither allowing me to accept or deny the request, despite already being friends/contacts. 

(I wonder if this glitch occurs for other people when two players send friend invitations to each other at the same time). 

This is how I fixed it.

• I removed Mal from Mini Mal’s contacts so they were no longer friends. When I did this, the friend request was still stuck in the messages, neither allowing me to accept/deny Mal’s initial request. 
  • The contact was effectively removed from the contact list on both accounts. 
  • I sent another friend request (essentially starting over again) from Mal to Mini Mal, and I closed both games for about a minute  or two to ensure the invitation went through. 
  • I half-expected to see another friend request appear in the messages for Mini Mal, but never saw one. It didn’t look like anything had changed. However, when I tried accepting the friend invitation button this time, the message went away, and Mal was effectively added to Mini Mal’s contacts once again. 

If anyone is experiencing this glitch and has the means to contact the other player outside the game, then I suggest the following.

1. Send the other player a message to ask if you appear in their contact list, and have one or both of you remove each other from the contacts if you do. 
  2. Ask the other player to send a new friend invitation to your account. After this has been done, then hopefully you can either accept or deny the invitation and the message should go away for good.

View in thread

Message 19 of 40 (6,786 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to accept or decline friend request

@mrdoggie94 how long has it been like this and is it still an issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 40 (7,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717

just today. I have a friend request that I can't accept or reject.

Message 3 of 40 (7,844 Views)

EA Live QV Team

That's strange @mrdoggie94 do you know if this was a friend request from someone you met at a party or did they use your friend code? 

Message 4 of 40 (7,838 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike

i don't know. Maybe he/she uses friend code to add me or meet my sims at a party

Message 5 of 40 (7,836 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: Android
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy s9
OS Version 8.0.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile:https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )1003263673596
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept or decline a friend request
What do you expect to see? Friend request accepted or declined
Connection Type wifi
Please select your region America
Country USA
Additional feedback 

I had three requests and accepted one with no problem. I deleted a couple friends too make room and now I have two requests that I can neither accept nor decline.

Message 6 of 40 (7,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Seem here and I wonder whether your problems are solved. I haven’t been able to accept or send friend request since last week, even after I deleted several friends. My playerID: 1004391007770.

Message 7 of 40 (7,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It's happening the same to me, can't accept or refuse a friends request, someone sent to me this from party. 

Using Huawei Mate 20 Lite

Message 8 of 40 (7,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem lol

Message 9 of 40 (7,535 Views)

Can't decline/ accept friend request.

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung galaxy s7
OS Version 6.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1 open sims mobile l 2: go to the envelope on the side. 3 go to friend requests
What do you expect to see? For the request to go away after i decline it or accept it.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I went online today and saw a friend request. I went to decline it but it said it failed. I closed out and restarted my phone but it still didn't work. (I also tried accepting to see if it would do anything but no.) Note: I'm trying to decline it, not accept. Thx for reading.

Message 10 of 40 (7,526 Views)