[Fixed] Unrelated Tips with Light Bulb Icon Appear Every Time I Open Game

by Beanoffee

Original Post

Series of 'hints' stuck on screen, seem to be getting random prompts.

★★★ Newbie

I've had an awkward series of strange bugs pop up today. It first started with a hint bubble (It was a little pop up with a light bulb in it) popping up that said something about having a new Heirloom and I should 'tap the button' to learn more info. But I didn't see whatever button it was referring too, and tapping the notice itself didn't do anything. I then noticed that the notice seemed to be persistent in the game, I couldn't make it go away. It was sitting ontop of my interface and seemed to stay during loading screens, in different areas, and even through resetting the game and my phone.

Throughout the day, the notice moved around to a few places on my screen, giving random hints that didn't seem to relate to my gameplay at all. It mentioned that I should make the toddler into a playable Sim, even though I didn't have a child at all. It said I should retire an elder sim by tapping on them even though I had no elders, and it mentioned heirlooms in several forms, acting as if I had some unlocked.

I've only been playing for a few days and haven't gotten to any of this actually in game yet, and I'm not sure what was causing the notices to change. It seemed totally random and didn't relate to what I was doing in game at all.

Finally a little bit ago I got a screen with one of my sims saying that I had a utility bill, and that I should pay it soon. I've tried searching all over for wherever this could be and haven't been able to find anything relating to paying a utility bill at all.

After that screen, the hint bubble went away as well. There doesn't seem to be anything else currently wrong, but I'm not sure. It was just a really weird series of little bugs throughout the day, and I can't imagine what would cause something like that. 

Message 11 of 117 (2,635 Views)

Help!

★ Novice

How can I get rid of this light bulb on my screen? Nothing seems to take it away 

Message 12 of 117 (2,635 Views)

Re: Help!

@UnicornFart33 merged your post.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 13 of 117 (2,608 Views)

Electric Bill Due Already?

★★★★ Apprentice
Sometimes while opening the app it'll say that there's no internet connection even when there is and I have to close the app and restart it to get it to work. Did that today and for some reason irrelevant tip prompts kept coming up. They were for things my sim wasn't able to do yet or for things I didn't have yet. The tips went away when my sim finished a shift at work, but then my sim came up saying I had an electric bill due and that I need to pay it or my electricity would be cut off. This is the first sim game I have tried out and I have no idea what this is about. I tried clicking on the mailbox thinking something would come up, but nothing happens. Has anyone had to pay an electric bill yet?
Message 14 of 117 (2,559 Views)

Re: Electric Bill Due Already?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I haven’t, but it seems other people have had similar issues. The thread further below was linked from a list of known bugs (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/List-of-known-bugs/m-p/6682688#M633)

I don’t know whether a mod will want to merge your post, but it might be a good idea to attach your own bug report to the following thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Unrelated-Tips-with-Light-Bulb-Icon-Appear-Every-Time-I/t...

And in the interim, EA Help may be able to assist you as well: https://help.ea.com/

Good luck! 💐

Message 15 of 117 (2,551 Views)

Re: [Open] Unrelated Tips with Light Bulb Icon Appear Every Time I Open Game

★★★ Newbie
I am experiencing something similar. I am hosting a party. Around 45 minutes into the party the light bulb icon pops up saying to place the birthday cake. I did that before the party even started. Have no idea how to make it go away. I have tried deleting the cake and replacing it and still nothing.
Message 16 of 117 (2,498 Views)

Re: Offspring can’t stay in the house forever! Bug

★★★ Newbie
did anyone get back to you about how to fix this issue? this started happening to me after I updated the app, huge mistake
Message 17 of 117 (2,463 Views)

Party reward message stuck

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Xiaomi A1
OS Version 8.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003178205034
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a party, interact for a while, leave party and do some events. Close the game. Open the game and bug appears.
What do you expect to see? The message dissapear. There isn't even any reward in the party
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country México
Additional feedback Restarting the game and restarting the phone does not help.

Screen shots of bug attached
Message 18 of 117 (2,442 Views)

Text bubble stuck on screen.

★★★ Newbie
This text bubble will not go away no matter what I do. Help?
Message 19 of 117 (2,409 Views)

Party goal not fulfilling. Froze on mobile screen

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 plus
OS Version 11
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Troubleiscoming4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I was playing the game and unlocked throwing a party. I did the action it asked me do( sneak a lick of the cake) I did the action and it never cleared. I did the action multiple times during my own party, and at other parties. I cannot throw another party for 3 days... this is now frozen on my screen and cannot see my to do list in the game to complete it fully.
What do you expect to see? Fulfilling the goal when the action is completed, so I can see my to do list
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback I’ve attached a screenshot

Thanks
Message 20 of 117 (2,387 Views)