[Workaround] - Tutorial message from previous game partially covers screen

by ardeecor

Original Post

Re: CUSTOMER SUPPORT REFUSE TO HELP

★★★★ Novice

the message is from the tutorial before you restore your cloud backup. Then once I restore my game it’s just permanently there. 

Message 41 of 59 (1,015 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry to be clear the message says “now I see why this is called an upper-fixer...”

Message 42 of 59 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@asroundasaball 

I have now merged your post with an existing thread about this issue.

This message you get on your game is part of the makeover tutorial. You can try to finish this turorial by giving a makeover to a random NPC. It can be any of your non playable characters or a random townie that walks by your Sims' house. You might need to repeat the process several times with different kind of Sims. This usually works.

Another solution suggested by a player on this same thread is to join someone else's party and finish the tutorial there. The pop up message should disappear.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 43 of 59 (986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

is that from the makeover? I thought it was from the tutorial. 

Message 44 of 59 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi i have exactly the same “pop up message” problem as you. it’s been months. and yes the team doesn’t really help. Frown

Message 45 of 59 (1,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m a bit confused because my error message seems to be different from the player with the makeover error message. I tried about 6 times already. Doesn’t work. How do I finish the tutorial from a party?

Message 46 of 59 (1,196 Views)

Hero
@asroundasaball Yes, it's another message 🤔 Sorry for the confusion. There are two type of tutorial messages mentioned on this thread.
As you have mentioned, the fixer upper is from the start of the game when you are supposed to clean the house and remove some boxes. Did the start furniture spawn on your house as well or is it only that message?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 47 of 59 (1,173 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s just the message that’s at the top of my game that’s bothering me. Any idea how to fix it?

Message 48 of 59 (1,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Man that sucks. They are really unhelpful and they said they will not do anything unless it’s a global issue!

Message 49 of 59 (1,144 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @asroundasaball sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. This is something we're still investigating. I'm afraid I don't have anything more concrete at the moment.

Message 50 of 59 (1,073 Views)