[Workaround] - Tutorial message from previous game partially covers screen

by ardeecor

Original Post

Tap a family member or someone in town

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version 13.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003582916096
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know - every time I open the game (just reinstalled it) my Sim yelled me about how he can makeover other Sims then a message saying “tap on a family member or someone in town to start a makeover” and showing my Sim’s face stays in the middle of my screen and won’t go away. It blocks me from seeing tasks and stays even through loading screens.
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

Included loading page screenshot, other screenshots are “too large” 

Message 21 of 59 (2,721 Views)

Re: Tap a family member or someone in town

★★★ Pro

Are you still doing the tutorial? What level are you on? I am not sure that this is in the tutorial stage, because I was out of tutorial stage when this feature came out. Would it be resolved if you just make over a townie or family member? Have you tried that?

Message 22 of 59 (2,696 Views)

Logging in to my 600's days old account

★★ Novice

Just installing this game again after being off for about 600 days. Logging in with Facebook but the assets are gone. 

My house is still the first house (the broken mess like when it started). However, somehow there is a blue car being stuck in a middle of the wall. 

Also, My sim is stuck doing the event from back then (I think the summer one, the one that reward swimming outfits like bikini and stuffs). The countdown stays on 6 hours 18 mins but the checklist is there like she has finished but whenever I tap the checklist the game crash.

Please, is there a way to fix this? I've been reinstalling the game twice now.

Also the "tap on a family memberor someone in town and try a makeover" is never gone

Message 23 of 59 (2,678 Views)

Re: Logging in to my 600's days old account

Hero
@Illunary Your post is now merged on a thread regarding this issue. Could you please share your player-ID? This is information the dev team will need in order to investigate this problem.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 24 of 59 (2,656 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Illunary it’s better for you to start new since you just started the game. reinstall the game and choose to start new. the bug will be gone. i still have that pop up message on my screen but i’m still waiting for the team to fix the bug. the sims mobile just tweeted this https://twitter.com/thesimsmobile/status/1235351734949523456?s=21
saying there’s an update coming in two weeks. let’s just hope we won’t have to see the pop up message after the update 🤞🏼
Message 25 of 59 (2,624 Views)

★★ Novice
@SalixCat I have the same id as here, Illunary
Message 26 of 59 (2,599 Views)

★★ Novice
@reezalashburn I can start new but I've got a limited items from some events which I obviously don't want to part with. Also I'm not in the tutorial. Doing what the pop up told me erase it.
The big issue to me is that I can't finish what my sim is doing, eventhough, the checklist is there because the game immediately crashes after the check is touched, probably because she is doing an event from about 600 days ago. Not only that, my house return to how it is when we start playing from new (it isn't supposed to be new, got a pool, music and stuffs). Making this weirder, there is a blue car on my house getting stuck between the wall.
I really wish everything can be fixed then
Message 27 of 59 (2,595 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Illunary i see. in that case just wait for the next update in two weeks time. hope everything will be fixed in the next update.
Message 28 of 59 (2,590 Views)

★★ Novice

Have an update:

I've found a way to finish my sim doing by joining someone else's party and finishing it there, the pop up is also removed.

The last part of the issue is, I loat my house progress. My house looks like how it is on the beginning which isn't supposed to be. Even the shops still knows which I've bought before with the green highlights. Is there a way to return it back? 

Message 29 of 59 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Novice
https://twitter.com/thesimsmobile/status/1235351736916692992?s=21

they tweeted this earlier. about reset and restore issues. maybe you can write to them.
Message 30 of 59 (2,562 Views)