by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Workaround] - Tutorial message from previous game partially covers screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Iphone 8+
OS Version 12.4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start my game. You will see a message from Tanvi saying “Now I know why this house is a charming fixer upper”
What do you expect to see? That message gone.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

[Admin - removed duplicate templates]

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iphone8+
OS Version 12.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003115481832
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start my game (The Sims Mobile). Please see attachment. Tanvi spam message is blocking the entire top of the screen, making it impossible to play. Also my original Sims and their ancestors are gone. All of my Heirlooms are gone.
What do you expect to see? The Tanvi message gone. My Sims and Heirlooms restored if at all possible. At this point I will be happy to see that Tanvi bug fixed.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I deleted The Sims Mobile back In June and reinstalled it a few days later. This is when the ‘Tanvi’ bug appeared. It is 100% persistent. I found all my heirlooms were gone as well as my developed Sims and their ancestors. ‘Tanvi’ was one of my first characters, living in the house, getting married and having kids. She got retired after a while but hung around town. It was only after I reinstalled the game that she appeared-hanging around the house as an NPC as well as spamming the top of my screen with “Now I see why this house is a charming fixer-upper). The earliest backup provided by your tech support was July 7. This did not fix the problem. Someone programmed this and someone can fix it. I am level 45 and have invested a lot of money in the game. Help is needed.

Spoiler

Message 1 of 59 (5,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CUSTOMER SUPPORT REFUSE TO HELP

★★★★ Novice

Hi-

This solution is from another player.

and I quote:

@asroundasaball 

I have now merged your post with an existing thread about this issue.

This message you get on your game is part of the makeover tutorial. You can try to finish this turorial by giving a makeover to a random NPC. It can be any of your non playable characters or a random townie that walks by your Sims' house. You might need to repeat the process several times with different kind of Sims. This usually works.

Another solution suggested by a player on this thread is to join someone else's party and finish the tutorial there. The pop up message should disappear.

(end quote)

View in thread

Message 58 of 59 (3,508 Views)

All Replies

Re: Tanvi Bug Persists Across Screen

EA Live QV Team

@ardeecor Thanks for that information! It is something we're investigating. 

Message 2 of 59 (5,651 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruMaaike I had deleted my game back in June of this year and then reinstalled it. All of my developed characters disappeared but ‘Tanvi’ as either an NPC or a player (?) was in the game. I was prompted to create new Sims, so I did. Although I had completed some careers and hobbies, the game had my new Sims start anew on each career or hobby.
Message 3 of 59 (5,641 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@ardeecor when you reinstalled you started over completely? You did not get any of your old progress back? 

Message 4 of 59 (5,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruMaaike 

Here is exactly what happened:

1) I was prompted to recover data from ‘the cloud’. This happened in June.

2) Upon recovering the data, the house and all its furnishings had been placed back into inventory.

3) My four developed Sims (2 male and 2 female) as well as a developing child, and all ancestor Sims were gone. The game prompted me to ‘Create a Sim’ - so I ended up creating 2 male Sims and then, recently, a female.

4) All of my Heirlooms (except for a Yuki’s gold charm) were gone.

5) Although my Heirlooms were gone, the attributes remain as do the records of my previous Sims’ career and hobby progress. Also I had to ‘unlock’ every single career building (some cost Sim Cash).

6) When starting a Sim on a career, the game started him from the noob level.

7) The Tanvi NPC and the message shown in the attachment appeared from the beginning. I thought that I could have one of my male Sims start a relationship with that Sim, marry her, move her in, and then retire her in an attempt to remove the message.

I honestly believe this bug is tied to that Tanvi NPC *BECAUSE* she was my very first Sim when I began playing.

You have my full permission to go into my game and see for yourself. I am avoiding playing it at the moment.

Message 5 of 59 (5,585 Views)

@ardeecor have you seen any improvements on this issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 59 (5,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Phantomlover1717 Hi-the bug persists. I am unable to play The Sims because of it.
Additionally, I am locked out of Simpsons Tapped out due to a continual login error and cannot even get in. At level 770 in that game.
☹️
Message 7 of 59 (5,230 Views)

@ardeecor it might be good to post about your login error on The Simpsons Tapped Out forums:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/bd-p/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 59 (5,226 Views)

Re: [Open] - Tutorial message from previous game partially covers screen

★★★ Novice

hi, i have the same bug problem Frown

i played the game when it was kinda new release in the appstore about two years ago. played for few months and decided to take a break. and i re-install the game right after i saw the 20th anniversary of the sims about a week ago. when i start the game it ask me to creat a new sims character. so i created one sims and click start and there’s an option to start a new game or continue the game i played before. right after i choose to continue the game the same message as you stated above popped up on my screen. since then the message has been covered the upper section of the screen. 

i’ll include the screen shot below for reference. hope the team will find a solution for this bug.

Message 9 of 59 (5,055 Views)

Tab mission dialogue stuck

★ Novice

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Hz960
OS Version Android version 6.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1005454353216
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the screen shot
What do you expect to see? The stuck tab dialogue of a family member makeover
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom
Additional feedback

The tab dialogue of makeover is stuck and I cannot see what I'm doing, please remove.

Message 10 of 59 (5,032 Views)