Re: [Open] Sims can’t interact with toddlers using objects

by SalixCat

Original Post

[Open] Toddler floating on air instead of sleeping in bed

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OS Version Android 8.1.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003403535473
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tap on a toddler bed like the Kiddo-Boop Bed, select "Tuck in" and then, select a toddler. The toddler will float in horizontal position. The bed will show as if an invisible toddler is under the covers.
What do you expect to see? The toddler gets tucked in and will sleep in bed under the covers.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback I have seen pictures of this everywhere on social media.

FloatingToddler.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 11 (2,136 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't know if this belong to this thread. There's graphical error when I try to tuck my child into bed. The animation shows that my child get into the bed, but he's floating in sleeping position in other room. 😅

IMG_20190612_214331.jpg

IMG_20190612_214351.jpg

Message 1 of 11 (2,324 Views)

Hero

@doodle_lass 

I have opened a new bug report for this issue and moved your post here. One of the toddlers at my Sims' house was floating this morning.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 11 (2,114 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for moving the post @SalixCat. The glitch is funny, makes me giggle every time it happened 🤭 But a bug is a bug, it needs to be fixed. 

Message 4 of 11 (2,095 Views)

Hero

Here's a video I recorded to illustrate this issue. 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 11 (2,063 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks! Looks like this happens when one of the entry spots for the bed is blocked (bear in Salix' video and dresser in doodle_lass' picture) Standard smile 

Message 6 of 11 (2,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That's right @SimGuruMaaike and @doodle_lass 

I've tried again. If the bed is blocked by Sims and Bunny on the left side, the mother and the toddler use the right side.

Then I moved the castle closer to the bed. If the bed is blocked on both sides, the toddler won't be able to use it. Normally actions are grayed out and unavailable when objects are blocked. Could this be the case? 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 11 (2,034 Views)

★★ Guide

That's possible. Currently I have no kids, but I will try placing the bed in free space and do the action again when I have one. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,004 Views)

★★ Guide

So, I have a child now haha... 😄 And I clear the bed area from any furnitures.

IMG_20190721_080406.jpg

And it works! Why didn't I think of that before? 😱

IMG_20190721_080429.jpg

This is the second try. I place some furnitures back, but this time I put it on the left side and it works too. The glitched animation happened when I put the bed stand on the right. While in @SalixCat video, the animation works perfectly even though there's a bear plushie on the right side because the left side of bed is free. So the conclusions I take is: Free one side of the bed from furnitures. 😄

Thanks SalixCat and @SimGuruMaaike for the help. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,953 Views)

@doodle_lass & @SalixCat how is this toddler issue doing? No more floating of toddlers?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 11 (1,692 Views)