[Open] - Table decorations can only be placed under the Gilded Floor Shelf

by MarBer150

Original Post

[Open] - Table decorations can only be placed under the Gilded Floor Shelf

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy A10s
OS Version 9
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I won the Gilded Floor Shelf from the Royal Romance Treasure Hunt, but every time I want to put a table decoration like the Large Decorative Urn, I can't put it inside the furniture, it only allows me to put it on the floor.
What do you expect to see? I expect that I can put a table decoration like the Large Decorative Urn inside the Gilded Floor Shelf, instead of only putting it underneath (the floor).
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region South America
Country Mexico

Please fix this bug Frown

Message 1 of 7 (596 Views)

Re: Bug in the Gilded Floor Shelf

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MarBer150Just a quick thought - the urn may be too big for the shelf. I have that urn. It’s really pretty. But it is fairly tall and large. I have it on a coffee table, where there’s nothing obstructing it from above. That could be it. Edited: I just read your post again & realize you can’t put Anything on the shelf. That’s different, hopefully they fix that. 
I wanted to put the urn on that podium you have the rubber duckie on, though.😂 I don’t think you can do that either. Too bad.

Message 2 of 7 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MarBer150 Thanks for your report 

@CharlieDaisy12 in this case the issue is not the size of the urn. The litte blue square that highlights when we move table decorations indicates where we can place then. It is under the shelf, not on the shelf.

I agree with you about the pedestal. Why can we place a rubber duck on a pedestal and not the urn? 

Gilded Floor Shelf-Bug.png

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 7 (567 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SalixCat I know, it’s a really nice podium, just begging to be offset by the statue podium we already have from the piano hobby quest. I thought the podium and urn were made for each other when I first saw them.
That’s really weird about the shelf business. It’s a cool shelf, though, really unique. I like it.
Message 4 of 7 (516 Views)

Re: [Open] - Table decorations can only be placed under the Gilded Floor Shelf

Hero

This shelf like some others too, seem to be for small items. I have a cookie jar basically on every shelf. 😋

Slightly off topic: The specifications of table & decoration items are a bit mess, since there are labels like ‘table decoration’, ‘small table decoration’ and ‘medium table decoration’ and not sure if even the team is on the map what should fit where.

Also I like the idea, that you can put stuff under some furniture.. though in this case it might not be intentional 😊

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 7 (461 Views)

Hero
@Ilois4 Urn's footprint size might still be an issue as mentioned here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Large-decorative-urn-can-t-be-placed-on-Iconic-Ionic-Plinth/m-...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 7 (440 Views)

Hero
@SalixCat True with the urn, like I said it seems that the team isn’t even aware of the footprint of the items or just don’t have the time to keep up with the specifics.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (432 Views)