[Fixed] Surprising Choices stuck on screen

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

"A Surprising choice..." won't dismiss :(

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iphone 6s
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I got the popup for "A Surprising choice..." and it never moved forward from that state Frown. Since then I am seeing that popup. I have force closed the app and opened again, I also uninstalled the app and installed again and when I load the game with an existing progress I again see "A Surprising choice..." dialog AGAIN.
What do you expect to see? I expect to play the game normally lol I have already spent $5 and i am on level 20 so don't wanna lose the progress
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I would appreciate if you could please add some simcash to my account for the inconvenience. My userId is "Aman" but I couldn't get player Id. I have also linked my facebook account with Sims, my username is amansharma124 Not able to load player Id because game won't open.

Hello

Message 81 of 309 (1,000 Views)

Re: [Fixed] Surprising Choices Fix Underway

★★★ Newbie

Still an issue on iPhone 6s. Disappointed Frown

Message 82 of 309 (1,009 Views)

Re: "A Surprising choice..." won't dismiss :(

★★★ Newbie

I’ve got the same problem! Fix it please!

Message 83 of 309 (979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem of the surprising choise is still there by me! Please fix it because I love playing the game!

Message 84 of 309 (996 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Personally they should disable it till they can fix the bugs users are having across the world and on different devices.  Also asking us for cash to proceed is a cash cow ploy...I never use my cash for it...I’ll take the negative hit on my sim lol.  

Have you 1. Uninstalled 2. Clear catche 3. Wait a good day or at least 8 hours 4. Reinstall.  It’s how I fixed mine on iOS iPhone X and my new two week old iPad.

Message 85 of 309 (982 Views)

★ Expert

I do same. I always take the negative choice. There are things I would like in the game that are only being offered by these choices and require ALLOT of sim cash which I refuse to use for everything I want in game. Charging 2000 sim dollars for a hot tub is too much for one item. Adding the option to use sim coins should be an option and not only ask to spend sim cash or cupcakes  

Now that EA has fixed the choices I keep getting the same choices over and over. Same two!!!! Before EA shut the choices down to fix them I was getting different options. The choices I get now are always work or relationship related.  I always choose the negative to have my sim be sick at work from eating bad food. With the relationships I take the choice of having the other sim be mad/sad. Being that I get only two options over and over, it's not fixed . My choices actually worked better before 

Message 86 of 309 (1,069 Views)

Re: A Surprising Choice....can’t play game

★★★ Novice
Same thing! It's been 2 days and I miss playing. Haha
Message 87 of 309 (1,001 Views)

Re: A Surprising Choice....can’t play game

★★★ Newbie

What you can do is that you can try to reset your device or if your on an apple device, try saving the data to iCloud then reinstall the game?
——————————————————
I DO NOT WORK AT EA

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA LOSEAGE

Message 88 of 309 (992 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still having this problem. I tried force shutting it down, and leaving it alone for some time. I don't want to delete the game and redownload, for fear of loosing my progress. What now?

Message 89 of 309 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fuzzernutter same! I was getting a variety but the past 48hrs it’s the same one and when I choose the negative, free, option it automatically happens again, it doubles up back to back.

Message 90 of 309 (1,043 Views)