Re: Sims shows stuck walking on front yard at Eco lot

by laprembee

Original Post

[Open] - Sims shows stuck walking on front yard at Eco lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8
OS Version 14.01
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims are found walking in a loop at front yard on the Eco lot
What do you expect to see? Not a sims stuck on those 3-4 squares of land walking from one side to another.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Brasil

As I can’t upload videos here, I have the link to the tweet where I first reported this bug:

https://twitter.com/laprem__/status/1325825672523243521?s=21

It happens frequently and randomly, I go to my Eco lot to check my sim in a hangout and either my sim or the invited sim would be stuck walking in a loop, from one side to another on the front yard of the Eco lot.

I don’t know how the sim gets there as I catch them only when I return to the lot during a ongoing hangout.

The sim will only stop walking if I click on it or call it to some action.

It is somewhat triggering as it looks like the sim is disturbed and anxious walking non stop from one side to another. Not a nice feeling.

Message 1 of 18 (3,697 Views)

★ Guide

Please watch the video on this link to see the full glitch:

https://twitter.com/laprem__/status/1326493674797211648?s=21

I have marked in red the are where the sim gets stuck:

20D594F6-6A79-4459-BAA1-03C8D6DB1F1F.jpeg

I have removed all items from that first row and the bug still happens.

Message 2 of 18 (3,685 Views)

★ Guide

It happens during hobbies as well. I have just spotted my sim stuck there again 😕

Message 3 of 18 (3,648 Views)

Hero
@laprembee I'm still thinking it could be any of the objects on that spot that maybe blocks the Sim. I would suggest you remove one by one the plants, the tree, etc. and see if it the Sims stop getting stuck there.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 18 (3,637 Views)

★ Guide
@SalixCat Ok, I’ll clean that area and see what happens. But it would still be a bug anyways.
Message 5 of 18 (3,632 Views)

★ Guide

This bug actually happens more frequent than I thought.

@SalixCat I removed all items and I just caught the bug again. I posted the video on twitter, here is the link: https://twitter.com/laprem__/status/1326646384225869824?s=21

I took a picture as well:

4D74CEA9-DAB8-45C2-AAF1-DAA4E166C627.png

Message 6 of 18 (3,626 Views)

★ Guide

Also the only way to remove the stuck sim from there was to do an action on the actual sim, not an object item. Had to interact/ chat with the sim then after that the sim would show up on object actions (like dancing, cooking, sofa, etc), otherwise my sim would just do all the actions alone, while the invited is at the front yard stuck on that walking loop.

Message 7 of 18 (3,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@laprembee Okay, so it's not something on that spot. 
Could it be one of the items used to interact with the Sim that gets stuck?
I'm just thinking loud... remember that glitch where Sims shrink when invited to drink tea? It happens when the tea set is placed on a place where there is no enough room for both Sims to stand and drink tea.

Or the bug where toddlers levitate because the bed is blocked? It's the same thing.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 8 of 18 (3,591 Views)

★ Guide

@SalixCat I got new fresh info for this case! My front yard is still empty, and I just fond out that if I send my sim to the Eco lot’s “sidewalk”, no matter where, the sim gets to the spot I sent and then goes to where it gets stuck and keeps walking in loop there.

It seems that the sim thinks that the house’s entry or its way back to the house is there, but it can’t find the way back so it keeps walking and trying and it never finds the way out. You know what I mean? 

i can make a new video if you want. Just let me know.

Message 9 of 18 (3,571 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@laprembee Excellent! A new video with how you got the sims to loop would be much appreciated Standard smile

Message 10 of 18 (3,565 Views)