Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[Open] Sims is duplicated living in two houses

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11
OS Version iOS 13.4.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have screen shots? Look at my account. I have a Sim that I made playable. He is showing up double in the house he currently lives in with his family. When I look at the households for the other family’s in my sim neighborhood he appears on every list.
What do you expect to see? The sims that actually live at each house and not double at the house he’s actually living in.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I can only attach one screenshot of what my family portrait appears. If you would like more screenshots to explain further, please let me know. Thank you

I have a Sim that I made playable. He is showing up double in the house he currently lives in with his family. When I look at the households for the other family’s in my sim neighborhood he appears on every list. How can I fix this?? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 8 (2,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] Sims is duplicated living in two houses

★★★ Newbie
@SalixCat Hi I moved the Sim out of my house to another house. Then moved the same sim back in with their family. This time it worked. The 4th slot returned to normal. I was able to make the next sim playable.
Thank you for letting me know there is an alternative way to go. I'll keep this in mind, next time this glitch happens.
Happy sim gaming😊

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,849 Views)

All Replies

@allybally1115 could you try to move him again to a different lot?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (2,262 Views)

Hero

@allybally1115 Have you tried moving your Sim to another lot as @Phantomlover1717 suggested?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 8 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I tried doing this. Still didn’t solve the problem. I’m going to just retire the sim after I complete his career. Not sure what else I can do.  

Message 4 of 8 (2,123 Views)

Hero
@allybally1115 Thanks for your reply.
Hope that works and the same issue won't happen again with other Sims. Please keep us updated 🙂

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 8 (2,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@allybally1115 I have a duplicated sim problem. I can only play 3 sims out of 4.The game randomly duplicates my sims in each house. Preventing me from activating a 4th sim to become playable. Game thinks I already have the full 4 active. When I don't. I see the fix suggested didn't work. Did you learn of any other possible fix ?
Message 6 of 8 (1,941 Views)

Hero

@krissy_Boyce_38 

There is an alternative way of solving this issue as @theurbanflair told us on their post a couple of days ago. Would you like to try this?

I had this same issue, contacted EA who tried to help me but the roll back on their servers didn't solve it.

I thought logically and knew in my mind that the playable sim who was showing as two Sims was obviously taking two slots, therefore the fourth playable sim was an extra ilegal fifth SIM.

I struggled through playing till the duplicate SIM retired along with the other three who were activated with him and guess what? All SIM slots became visible without the X in the aim slot box!! Only problem I had is the duplicate SIM who retired had a whole new life as a new playable sim, with a second chance at life, which I had no choice over!! But I still had three slot to create or make new playable ones. Hope this helps!!

The retired duplicate Sim returned as a regular playable sim, retired but Still playable, so i changed the grey hair to blonde and he is having more babies!! Maybe when he retires next time he will be gone. 

Please tell us if this works for you.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 8 (1,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SalixCat Hi I moved the Sim out of my house to another house. Then moved the same sim back in with their family. This time it worked. The 4th slot returned to normal. I was able to make the next sim playable.
Thank you for letting me know there is an alternative way to go. I'll keep this in mind, next time this glitch happens.
Happy sim gaming😊
Message 8 of 8 (1,850 Views)