Re: Sims are not becoming passive even though they aren’t playable

by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

[Open] - Sims are not becoming passive even though they aren’t playable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have adopted them  and when I made them passive and then again checked on them it showed the “make passive” icon black ..i don’t know what happened am unable to make them playable. I have tried moving them to another lot but still they aren’t becoming passive as if they are playable but they aren’t ...nor I get the option to makeover them or remove or make playable. Please help!

Message 1 of 22 (2,042 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@starylightsfiveSorry to hear you are having this problem, and thanks for pointing it out. Because of all the reports on this issue I’ve been able to avoid it, and it’s obviously a big feature. I’m really hoping it gets fixed soon because I have one particular Sim I really want to promote for a while.
Are you trying to make your Sims active again? Are you basically denied access from doing that?

Oh, and you might have a better chance of this being seen if you put it in bug reports. Just for next time.😃

Message 2 of 22 (2,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@CharlieDaisy12Yes I do make them active for parties ..but these two don’t have any of the option except make passive which is not accepted as much as I click it 🤦🏻‍♀️..it denies! 

Please try to fix this issue few players are having this issue since weeks and we hoped it will fix by its own but it isn’t  working!🙃 Hoping EA fixes such bugs that are disappointing..and the fun playing this game is breaking 😢🙃

Message 3 of 22 (1,986 Views)

Hero
@starylightsfive please share screenshot that shows your playable Sims and screenshots of the family portrait.
I'm moving this thread to TSM bugs forum as it is the correct topic.

You have mentioned there are several players experiencing this issue. It is useful for the team to get their reports as well. Please ask them to comment on this thread.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 4 of 22 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@starylightsfive this is obviously a very big deal. And I just re-read your post and noticed you said it’s been weeks. I hadn’t really been counting, because I’m not affected by this, except that I don’t get to do it. Which believe me isn’t that great when you have a specific Sim in mind you want to try this with.
I don’t know how long you’ve been here, but the longest I’ve ever waited in one year for a fix on a big issue is something like maybe 3 weeks. For the Eco Retreat once.
My understanding is that all we can do is complain. Let the company know it’s a feature that’s in demand. I don’t even think they’re allowed to do anything unless the computer says it’s a good idea, basically.  Who knows how it works. But I do know all this counts!
Please, please, please look further into this issue!! We really need it for the game!

Message 5 of 22 (1,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am having this issue as well and have been for over 2 weeks. 1 sim I can't interact with at all and can't make passive but she's lives in one of my homes taking up space. I also can't move this sim to another lot.. I click and click and nothing happens. No she is not one of my 4 I'm playing which is weird. No the house is not full, There are 4 in the house. Yes I've tried to move her to another lot but it won't let me, everything greyed out when I pick her but when I pick someone else to move I can. I have 2 other sims not counting the above like this and it's frustrating me I can't make them passive, play them or move them out or interact with them and they are on my family pict even though I can't play, make passive, or interact with. So 3 sims taking up space on acct I can't do anything with... As you see in photos it's greyed out to make passive and I'm not playing them, they are not my playable sims, they are not in an event cause how can they be when they are not my playable sims..

Message 6 of 22 (1,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Angela-Angela41 Please add a picture of the main screenshot where the active Sims are visible on their active slots.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 22 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Angela-Angela41  This is totally off topic, and this sounds really frustrating. I’m just as frustrated. I don’t even get to try it😭Too risky! But I was just wondering where you got that black dress - the one with the buttons. It’s super nice. Also the shoes. Really cute. That was a pack from a long time ago, right? No chance?

Message 8 of 22 (1,887 Views)

★ Guide

@SalixCat Here is a photo of my playable active sims. As you see they are not on there ..

Message 9 of 22 (1,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not sure what pack they are from as I've been playing for years.  The dress is called visions of vintage dress and shoes are from the Paris pack and named Paris after-party pumps. @CharlieDaisy12 

Message 10 of 22 (1,867 Views)