Re: Does anyone know how to get the "Sibling Rivalry" to show?

by Omega621

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@PaQuilter1
I have also tried to complete the siblings rivalry. It is very aggravating. I currently have two houses with nuclear familys and siblings. I have tried everything from having one sibling active and the other not to having two active siblings. The acquaintances recognition of the siblings have to be the cause of the problem. Mother and Father are recognized but not brothers or sisters. EA could you please fix this issue? I have been trying the siblings rivalry for about 3 months now with no success.

Message 41 of 117 (1,712 Views)

@Forever_Sims87 it's a current bug. I've merged your post with the existing bug report.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 42 of 117 (1,662 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@Phantomlover1717 I had a male sim have two children with one female npc and a third child with another female npc. None of the children recognise each other as siblings. (I have done this apx 30 times throughout the last 6 months and have never had this issue.)
Using 2018 Apple iPad Pro/ player # 1003888940755
Message 43 of 117 (1,602 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Omega621 I am super curious, did anything at all change for your sims recently?

Did you buy a second property for example? 

How many bassinets do you have?

Message 44 of 117 (1,586 Views)

★★★ Novice
No changes besides the sims themselves being fairly new. I go through a new batch about every 10-14 days.
I've had three houses for about 3 months now.
I've had two bassinets for about 5 months now.
I tried keeping the siblings in the same house, in separate houses, and then back in the same house. Nothing changed - they didn't recognise each other as siblings in any situation.
Message 45 of 117 (1,549 Views)

Re: My 2 sims aren't siblings

[ Edited ]

I should mention this i guess.

1: the sims parents are both ones i could control at that time

2: i didn't rush the aging process, meaning i didn't promote them as children.

3: i have 1 bassinet for each house

4: I've actually moved one sim out of a household and had them live in the other so im not sure if that effects anything

5: never adopt them, always picked try for baby.

Message 46 of 117 (1,489 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

I have the same issue since the begining. It's a bug

Message 47 of 117 (1,461 Views)

Re: My 2 sims aren't siblings

★★★★ Novice

Same problem Frown I promoted one of the siblings to start a sibling rivalry relationship but the sibling wasn't listed on his contacts (but his mom/dad was listed) I tried to start a rivalry but the option for sibling rivalry wasn't there. After that, he listed his sibling on his contacts as 'Acquaintance'. 

Message 48 of 117 (1,404 Views)

Re: Siblings don’t recognise each other

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. How is this fixed please?

Message 49 of 117 (1,365 Views)

Re: [Open] - Siblings don’t recognize each other

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. They have the same (married) parents and I get the time reduction when they interact together at home but it still shows them as acquaintances. They do not recognize each other as siblings. 

Message 50 of 117 (1,323 Views)