Re: [Open] Risky action missing when Sims says it's ready for it

by doodle_lass

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@KatlaStorm I see. Hopefully they will fix this. It's really annoying when you cannot find any risky actions, the events progresses sooo slowly. Not everyone have the time to sit and manually help progressing the events. It's good to have another hobbies worked out for you 😁👍

Message 11 of 26 (1,530 Views)

@doodle_lass@KittySheng@Rh0deIsland@PlanetAuto@DrKickstand@KatlaStorm, & @peakoh1 how is this issue these days?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 12 of 26 (1,375 Views)

★★★ Guide

It’s still an issue. At the moment, the astronaut career is not working as it should in my game. Sometimes the risky action option comes too late, sometimes it doesn’t show up at all. It does happen sometimes with relations and hobbies AS well, but not as much as with the astronaut. Don’t know if it’s a problem related to the district or the career.

Fortunately, everything worked fine in the lux event actions. Puh!

Message 13 of 26 (1,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hobbies are okay, I haven't check careers yet. Last time I did career events, risky actions are missing from fashion, DJ and medical career because the NPC is gone. I'll report as soon I get to it. 

Message 14 of 26 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unless I'm missing something (I have been focusing on relationship tasks lately), I haven't encountered this problem for a long time. I assumed it was fixed.

Now if we could convince sims  to be more consistent about changing into swimsuits before climbing into the hot tub, that would be great Standard smile

Message 15 of 26 (1,345 Views)

Not exactly a bug, but... "Risky" action issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I was wondering how come sometimes, at work for example, a Sim will keep pointing out that he/she's confident, several times, yet there are no risky actions available. It bugs me quite a bit because my inner dialogue goes along those lines:

Sim: "I'm really confident, I should take some risks!"

-Well hold on there, there's nothing risky to do, let's just keep going for a bit.

Sim: "I'm SUPER confident now!"

-Whee-hee... Oh wait, still nothing risky for you to do. Sorry, buddy! It's not for lack of trying, you know..."

Sim: I'm ready for ANYTHING! Time to take some big risks!"

-I KNOW!! I'm so sorry, please stop wasting your enthusiasm on me, I just cannot find a risky action for you to do!!

It's a bit frustrating...

Message 16 of 26 (1,231 Views)

Re: Not exactly a bug, but... "Risky" action issues

Hero

@KodamaTreeSpirit wrote:

I was wondering how come sometimes, at work for example, a Sim will keep pointing out that he/she's confident, several times, yet there are no risky actions available. It bugs me quite a bit because my inner dialogue goes along those lines:

Sim: "I'm really confident, I should take some risks!"

-Well hold on there, there's nothing risky to do, let's just keep going for a bit.

Sim: "I'm SUPER confident now!"

-Whee-hee... Oh wait, still nothing risky for you to do. Sorry, buddy! It's not for lack of trying, you know..."

Sim: I'm ready for ANYTHING! Time to take some big risks!"

-I KNOW!! I'm so sorry, please stop wasting your enthusiasm on me, I just cannot find a risky action for you to do!!

It's a bit frustrating...

Hi @KodamaTreeSpirit This is a bug. I have merged your comment with the bug report thread. You can add more details, screenshots and your player-ID if you want to.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 17 of 26 (1,214 Views)

Re: Not exactly a bug, but... "Risky" action issues

★★★★★ Guide

Thanks SalixCat!

Message 18 of 26 (1,192 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This sounds like either the same or a similar bug to the one I reported here with the fashion career: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Fashion-studio-not-always-offering-95-star-action

I haven't made a list of every event type I've seen this with, but I've definitely seen it with cooking when I don't use particular actions, I've seen it in the spa and spy careers if I do only the actions on items and don't use the NPCs. There are some I've never noticed it on like writing and piano. Not sure what makes them different! 

Message 19 of 26 (1,173 Views)

★★ Novice

I have too

Message 20 of 26 (1,014 Views)