Re: [Open] Risky action missing when Sims says it's ready for it

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

[Open] Risky action missing when Sims says it's ready for it

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003911231651
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I first saw it on the Be My Valentine event, when I'm running an activity for ex., A Romantic Meal, when my sim telling me he/she ready to try a risky action, there is no risky action to tap on every sim's head on the place where I'm running the event.
What do you expect to see? I know the Be My Valentine event will be over soon, but hoping it won't happen on the next events.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country Philippines
Additional feedback

Message 1 of 26 (6,385 Views)
Highlighted

I've seen this more often on other events if I remember correctly. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 26 (6,300 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Had this problem too especially during the valentines day event! It prompts 'super confident' risky action yet it's nowhere to be found.

Message 3 of 26 (6,270 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same here. Last time I remember it happend, was at the Christmas Event at the waterfront and it also happened at the design career. But when I colsed the game and reopened it, the risky action symbols were back.

Player ID 1003453177688 

Message 4 of 26 (6,211 Views)

★★★ Novice
Observation: For me, it feels like this problem is more likely to happen if you select the same 1 or 2 activities over and over again (esp. if they are 2-pt activities). Mixing in a *variety* of activities here and there can allow a risky activity to appear.
Message 5 of 26 (6,158 Views)

★★ Guide

From what I experienced, some risky actions needs to be triggered by selecting a particular action bubbles "in the right time". Like in A Romantic Meal events, the second risky action won't appear unless your sim interact with restaurant employee after the second time they say "I'm ready". Cmiiw. I think some career and hobbies are like that too. They need right timing, actions or even right furnitures to be triggered. 

I usually try every actions in the event to check which action bubble trigger risky action, then repeat it again after the first one done to check which one trigger the second one and so on. I didn't always find it at first try. Once I found the pattern, i can choose more rewarding actions then continue to triggering actions so the event progress faster. 

Message 6 of 26 (6,134 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sometimes this workaround works for me too - espesially with careers, but sometimes it’s impossible to establish any pattern. And sometimes the pattern workaround stops working after I have reached a higher level in the career.

Earlier it helped to go to a party and back: my Sim would say she was «more confident», I went to a party and emediately returned, and the risky action button was there - as if going back and fourth sort of «refreshed» the scene/risky action button. But this is no lenger working. Sadly. Earlier, I could also switch between places (home - market place - harbour) to «refresh» the button. 

The problem is worse in special events. In the latest event, the aniversary, I don’t think I ever saw the risky action button in the long home event. It worked most of the time in the club, but was only partly there at the spa centre.

I did report to EA that the risky action button completely dissapeared from my home cocking hobby, but unfortunately I haven’t tested if they managed to solve this issue, because none of my Sims have this hobby now. I’ll check this with my next generation.

Because of this problem, I sometimes have to spend cup cakes to finish tasks, which of course is a bit annoying, particularly because getting cup cakes has become more difficult than it was before Christmas.

(playing on an iPad pro)

Message 7 of 26 (6,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This has been happening to me with almost every single event I do for the past week or two. In addition to risky actions not appearing when it says they're ready, when they do appear, the confidence gauge will not move past 1/2 full no matter how many confidence-building actions I take. In addition to that, certain objects that should have actions attached to them will not. For example, when I'm completing a piano practice session, no action bubbles will appear over the couch, dining room table or metronome for the entire duration of the event.

Message 8 of 26 (5,888 Views)

★★ Guide

@KatlaStorm If I remember correctly, there are 3 patterns of risky actions in cooking hobby.

1. Appears on stove and counters, triggered with regular actions on dining table and bookcase. Change after reaching level 4.

2. Appears on stove, counters and fridge. Triggered with regular actions on stuff other than those 3. Change after reaching level 7.

3. Appears on stove, fridge and microwave. Triggered with regular actions on stuff other than those 3.

I always got this pattern for this hobby. Do you got this pattern too? 

Message 9 of 26 (5,830 Views)

★★★ Guide

@doodle_lass Thank you for your detailed list. And for reminding me that I have endeed tried the cooking hobby again. But it still doesn’t work, I never get the option to do risky actions, so it definitely is a bug in my game. Which is not a huge problem, because I have other hobbies I can use - where I do gain self confidence 😊

Message 10 of 26 (5,810 Views)