[Open] - Relationships disappear when making active Sims passive

by loopieloopita

Original Post

[Open] - Relationships disappear when making active Sims passive

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After I made my long time Sims passive (following newest update), and then back to playable, almost all of their relationships disappeared with other players’ Sims. These were significant relationships at high levels, including a fiancé, a husband, a wife, and other parents to newly playable adult children.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see any relationships, particularly if they’re past level 3 and married or parents of active Sims, to stay accessible. If it’s an issue of having too many, I expect to have a known cap communicated to players.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I was losing relationships randomly, pretty often before the update, but my workaround was to marry them, or have a baby with them, and then they wouldn’t disappear like other relationships with blue plumb bobs. After the update and toggling between active/passive/active, I have lost almost all of my relationships with other players’ Sims. Even marriage and parents, and even level 10 relationships with friends from real life. Please figure this out. And if it’s an issue with having too many contacts or too many relationships, please make those caps known, like the friends list does. Additionally, I’d love the option to delete contacts or outdated relationships so that they don’t take up so much space. I want to see the Sims that I want to see. I had curated my town to see all of my friends, and now I have random townie elders that I don’t care about and newbie (level 7, level 10 etc) blue plumb bobs that I’m not friends with. I am a level 60 player.

Message 2 of 22 (3,949 Views)

Re: [Open] Existing Relationships Disappearing

★ Guide

All sims that I made passive have lost 90% of their contacts, except family. One of them lost his partners contact, they have been married since July 2020 and now he is just gone.

This is a very serious issue for storyteller players like me. How will we be able to keep up with our/their stories old or new?

Many of us have been basically living through the game for different reasons... covid, illness, depression. So losing sims friends causes us a huge personal impact. It feels like we are losing our own friends. Cause right now my friends in life are the friends I made in the TSM community. 

Having that said I really hope that you guys take these glitches more seriously. Have some beta players to test the update and glitches before launching it. Cause it is bringing way too much caos in the community really. Players are really upset.

47B44CC0-0D40-4F35-AD7A-CBA3BA7B6EA0.jpeg

Message 1 of 22 (3,860 Views)

Re: Significant relationships gone

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @loopieloopita! We are aware there is an issue where some players are losing relationships after changing from passive to active. Could you DM me your player id so we can investigate this issue further? Thanks!

Message 3 of 22 (3,920 Views)

[Open] - Losing contacts when making sims passive and then returning them

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad
OS Version Latest
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I make all my active sims passive I lose all non npc contacts when I return to play with them. Have stopped making them passive because of this
What do you expect to see? Contacts to remain all the time
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Other
Country South Africa

Contacts are no longer available. I have To add new 

Message 4 of 22 (3,885 Views)

Re: [Open] - Losing contacts when making sims passive and then returning them

Hero
@7u7vh91slqtx How many contacts do they have?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 22 (3,868 Views)

Passive / Active Sims

★★ Novice

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) OnePlus 5
OS Version 10.0.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I made two of my Sims passive, and both have lost relationships. They were other people's Sims and are now gone.
What do you expect to see? The relationships should still be there.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Switzerland

Passive sims lose their friendships.

Message 6 of 22 (3,803 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just made a sim passive/active, and she lost her level-8 relationship story as well as the contact. 

Previously I made another sim passive/active, I didn't lose any relationship stories, but all those stories were level 10.

I believe non-level-10 relationship stories are being lost after making a sim passive/active (similar to the progress to the trait disappears).   

Message 7 of 22 (3,779 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@yani_tsm I think the relationship issue is a consequence of losing contacts and with the contact bug fixed that would not happen

This has been flagged as a bug to studio. 

Message 8 of 22 (3,744 Views)

Re: Passive / Active Sims

Hero

@theswisssims @laprembee I have merged your posts with an existing thread about this issue. Thanks for your reports Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 9 of 22 (3,724 Views)

★★ Novice
@yani_tsm Hey! The two relationships Iost were actually level 10 so not sure that's related?
Message 10 of 22 (3,714 Views)