Re: Quest menu is asking me to start photo and dance career

by themoonismywife

Original Post

[Open] Quest menu is asking me to place items I don't have

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) IphoneXR
OS Version 13.2.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open quests menu
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback I don’t currently have any of the needed items available for purchase

Quests menu is asking me to begin the dance and photography career by placing objects I don’t have, and I’ve never unlocked three careers themselves.

Message 1 of 80 (14,166 Views)

★★★ Pro

@_EastofEden_ it sounds like you're lucky. For the dance career go to the Wellness Center and place the mirror found in the items tab.

20191126_150404.jpg

For the photography career go to careers and pick the one that you can buy and place it on your lot.

20191126_150447.jpg

Message 2 of 80 (14,108 Views)

★★ Novice
@givememore86 The problem is I don’t have any of those available to buy, same with the space career
Message 3 of 80 (14,100 Views)

★★★ Pro

Can you check and see if you have the heirloom for dance career and photography? Who knows you might have it.

Message 4 of 80 (14,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i have the same problem! only the dance instructor career is showing up for me but i dont have the heirloom and have no objects to place.

player id is 1003750689018

Message 5 of 80 (14,038 Views)

Hero

@_EastofEden_ 

@themoonismywife 

Could you please share your player-ID? This will help the team investigate this issue. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 80 (14,026 Views)

Re: [Open] Quest menu is asking me to start photo and dance career

★ Novice

I also had 3 quests pop up today. No heirlooms and cant buy the items. Photography career, Dance career and Surgeon career.

Message 7 of 80 (13,981 Views)

Quests Using Objects I Don’t Have

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am getting quests for actions I cannot perform because I don’t have the required objects. Examples:

“It’s Classified” - I do not have the Secret Agent career station (more on this below)

“Surgical Precision” - I do not have the Surgery Table

Additionally, I was working on the Secret Agent career quest to receive the heirloom. After the update, the reward for the quest changed to “Secret Agent Advanced Mission” instead of the heirloom. 

Basically, the game thinks I have items that I don’t have yet (I have been playing less than a week, so new player).

I believe this happens when visiting other people’s houses during parties. During the visit, the game registers some of the items that the host has as belonging to me and is messing with my own game progress.

player ID - 1004147132274

Message 8 of 80 (13,980 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@SalixCat of course! i totally blanked on including it yesterday. updating comment with it now. thanks for reminding me Standard smile
Message 9 of 80 (13,961 Views)

Re: [Open] Quest menu is asking me to place items I don't have

★★★★★ Novice

Same here! I don't have the heirlooms and cant buy the items either.

Player ID 1004137359946

Message 10 of 80 (13,910 Views)