Re: Bug promoted Sim became unplayable

by SalixCat

Original Post

[Open] - Promoted Sim became unplayable

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) IPhone XS
OS Version 13.5.1
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I feel that this bug is rare but unfortunately it happened to me. I logged in one night, I retired my old Sim and promoted a family member to become playable. I started the hairstylist career and the quest line began. The following morning, I logged in and encountered this bug
What do you expect to see? When I encountered this bug, initially there was no tick on top of my promoted character after it had done an event. After I tapped on the promoted Sim, the 4th Sim slot became available and my promoted Sim became unplayable. I could not promote that Sim anymore and it remains around the household thus causing me to lose a playable Sim. The bugged out Sim is just stuck in my family tree.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Singapore
Additional feedback The Female Sim that my Male Sim is talking to is the Sim that I just promoted and was playable but the following day, it became unplayable, unable to control and unable to promote. It is just stuck in my family tree.

Player ID : (SalixCat edited. Please do not post your player-ID)

I was asked to post my issue here after contacting the EA support through email. I hope that EA will be able to help me promptly please.

Message 1 of 3 (842 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@tequilafiery This is indeed very strange. I've seen sometimes NPCs disappear from the household to be found later walking around town.
Were you able to get her back to your household?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 3 (783 Views)

★ Novice
@SalixCat She is still in my household but I cannot promote her anymore. I hope that EA can just remove it. I have since created a new Sim.
Message 3 of 3 (779 Views)