Re: House sims stuck in wired state. They cannot be promoted or removed.

by SalixCat

Original Post

[Open] Problems with data syncing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone, iPad
OS Version 13.4.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Been playing the game on my iPad for months. Figured I’d download the game on my iPhone as well so I can manage my sims while I’m away from my iPad. After completing the tutorial on my iPhone I am prompted to continue with this save or use cloud data. I click cloud data every time but the prompt just disappears and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see some sort of progress bar or indicator that my cloud data is being transferred.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I have tried signing into every network that can be used to sync data. The issue persists and it has persisted through the last 3 updates. I’d like the data to sync between devices if at all possible but if not I’d like to permanently transfer my data to my iPhone. I’ve put a lot to time into the game and would hate to lose my progress.

I’ll take any suggestions or feedback. Thanks Standard smile

Message 19 of 19 (1,661 Views)

House sims stuck in wired state. They cannot be promoted or removed.

★★★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad first gen, iPhone 8 plus
OS Version 12
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004115788400
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move between iPhone and iPad. iPad loses state. Retired and removed sims return to playable state and promoted sims become npc and can no longer be promoted or removed.
What do you expect to see? Game retains state between devices.
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback Please remove these zombie sims. I cannot promote them or remove them so they will fill up my house with non playable sims.

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus, iPad first gen
OS Version 12
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004115788400
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Switch between iPhone and iPad. iPad loses state and old sims return. Promoted sims go into zombie state where they can no longer be promoted or removed.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to keep state between devices. I also expect to see retired sims stay retired and not to have these zombie sims . I cannot promote them or remove them . They are going to fill up my house.
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback Please remove these non playable sims from my game so they don’t fill up my houses. I cannot promote them or remove them.

Please remove these non playable sims from my game so they don’t fill up my houses. I cannot promote them or remove them.

Message 1 of 19 (2,131 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@brohemx Hi, could you provide a pic or image so we can better understand what happens to these zombie sims? 

#StayHome #StaySafe #SaveLives #PlayTogether

Message 2 of 19 (2,120 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have a bunch of screenshots I couldn't seem to upload here.

Here is my google drive with the files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IWtzoH_njNouyGu_1QdPRzWjjLbBkXg7

Message 3 of 19 (2,066 Views)

@brohemx can you click on the Sims to remove them? It seems to me that switching between devices isn't going very well, do you fully close the game on one end before using the other?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 19 (2,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 no i cannot remove them because there is no button to promote or remove them in the window..

Message 5 of 19 (2,007 Views)

Hero
@brohemx I can see you have three playable Sim slots and all of them are in use. In order to make room for the adult unplayable Sims, you will need to retire one or several of your playable Sims. Then you will be able to promote them.
Another solution might be to purchase the fourth playable Sim slot.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 19 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  1. Please see screenshots... I had a free slot (4th) when I attempted this.  They are still not promotable or removable.  Also you don’t need a free slot to remove sims 
Message 7 of 19 (1,953 Views)

Hero
@brohemx Of course not. You're right... and I'm blind 😟

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 8 of 19 (1,908 Views)

Lost progress

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) samsung note 8
OS Version 8.0.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 100346542224
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ive play today like 3-4 hour, from lvl `7 to `8, but it drop to 17. Some of house collecetion has been full, but there are no in inventory nor on house.
What do you expect to see? wanted my progress, im catching up event, that i cant atch up now because of this
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country indonesia
Additional feedback i took newer screenshoot, may help you. thx

ive made progress on some event. redecorate and replacing some inventry. I buy an outfit, that not gone

Message 9 of 19 (1,779 Views)