Re: Player names not showing up

by FrostblossomTSM

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, this is Frostblossom. As @yani_tsm mentioned I have talked to 3 different support reps. Have tried all the tests that the 3rd rep provided, but same results with the error when trying to fill the blank player name.
Make sure your device is up-to-date, Make sure your app is up-to-date, Restart the app
Close background apps, Power cycle your phone, Clear your cache to check if you're synced properly

They also asked I do the following, but I do not have a 2nd available to do so. Not sure how the 2nd test is attempting to check as it seems our names were somehow cleared out beforehand and that is what's preventing us from re-entering a name, so don't think a different player would experience the same issue.

1) Attempt to play the game on your account on a friend’s device.

2) Attempt to play the game on a friend’s account on your own device. 

Thanks for investigating @SalixCat !!

Message 11 of 21 (1,298 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Many thanks @SalixCat ... I've created a case number and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my game can be restored... 

Message 12 of 21 (1,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FrostblossomTSM and @KodamaTreeSpirit I have tried changing my IGN on two different accounts to both your IGNs on two different accounts. I can't find what the reason for this issue you are experiencing could be. I have also connected to Facebook and still IGNs can be changed and are visible. 

My suggestion is to share here all the information that the team will need to investigate the issue. Please share following info:

1. Device platform (iOS or Android)

2. OS version

3. Device brand and model

4. Player ID

5. Connection type

6. Region/country

7. Any additional information that might help investigate the issue.

@KodamaTreeSpirit Hope you get an answer from EA help soon and your game progress restored.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 13 of 21 (1,241 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Thanks @SalixCat ! What's the best way to follow up on the matter once the case has been created? To make sure something's being done, I mean.

Message 14 of 21 (1,228 Views)

Hero
@KodamaTreeSpirit I only have experience with support through email so normally it takes hours to get a reply but given the Covid19 situation it might take more time.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 15 of 21 (1,225 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I understand... Well, I figure I'd send an email every now and then to make sure it's still under review.

Message 16 of 21 (1,222 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @SalixCat! Here is the info requested

1. Device platform (iOS or Android)

Android

2. OS version

Android version 10

3. Device brand and model

Samsung galaxy S9

4. Player ID

5. Connection type

4G

6. Region/country

FL, USA

7. Any additional information that might help investigate the issue.

On April 23rd I loaded my game and my player name had been deleted/cleared out. Upon going to 'Change player name' the field is highlighted red with the error "You need a name" displayed immediately. No matter what name input variation I enter in the field, when I click the 'Okay' button the error "Name does not meet the required formatting" appears (see screenshots attached). This empty name bug causes my name to appear blank on friend's friend lists, when friends visit my house (screenshots at beginning of thread) and blank in party chats, all regardless of their device type. The original name entered was 💮Frostblossom 💮 This occurred with one other friend in my list, so it does NOT appear to be an isolated issue. 

Message 17 of 21 (1,191 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks everyone for all the info shared here!

While I'm not sure yet what is happening, from what you are sharing it looks like it's more of an issue with some accounts' username than the friends lists itself. I'll share this info with the team so they can investigate.
If anyone else is having issues with their username, please let us know.

Thanks for the detailed comments so far! Standard smile
Message 18 of 21 (1,146 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @EA_Mai! Seneca and I are the only ones I know of for now, plus the 3rd user @yani_tsm mentioned at the beginning but will keep a look out. Feel free to @mention me if there are any updates. Appreciate it!

Message 19 of 21 (1,106 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Mai @SalixCat wanted to check in and see if there's any update on the issue? Saw another player with no name at a party today.

Thank you! 

Message 20 of 21 (1,038 Views)