Re: Player names not showing up

by KodamaTreeSpirit

Original Post

[Open] - Player names not showing up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone Xs
OS Version 13.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the friend list. Some usernames are just Blank. I have three friends with blank usernames. If they attend or throw the party, their name also shows up as blank. If I view their house, the name also doesn't show up. I was able to identify two of those players in my friend list. They didn't change their usernames to blank, it just stopped appearing to everyone else (or at least they were told by others that their name is not showing up). One of the users has not been in game for more than a month and their name just stopped appearing. I believe this bug started on Wednesday-Thursday April 22-23.
What do you expect to see? Everyone's usernames.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

Here are the player names of my friends whose names I do not see:
:white_flower:Frostblossom:white_flower:
:deciduous_tree: Seneca

Here are some screenshots from my game:

IMG_1409.PNGIMG_1434.PNGIMG_1433.PNGIMG_1431.jpg

Message 1 of 21 (2,818 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hopefully the emojis in usernames will show up this time:
💮Frostblossom💮
🌳Seneca
Message 2 of 21 (2,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yani_tsm I am trying to think about severeal factors that might have something to do with this. I might be wrong, but this issue seems to be a bit difficult to understand.
I see you are on iOS. Are your friends Frostbossom and Seneca also on iOS?
Do you know if other friends that use Android can see their names on the friends list wnd when they visit their houses?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 21 (2,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SalixCatjust attended the party with Frostblossom. Both Android and iOS players couldn't see her name.

Update: both of my friends Android users. 

Message 4 of 21 (2,699 Views)

★★★ Guide

Here are some more details from Seneca: "I've also tried to re-enter my name in game but I always get a message saying that the name doesn't match the requirements (it does obviously, though I've tried with different names, longer, shorter, etc)."

Frostblossom is also friends with Seneca that she can not see Seneca's username. 

Frostblossom is in contact with EA Help. But 3 different agents were not able to help her. 

Message 5 of 21 (2,676 Views)

Hero
@yani_tsm Thanks for the additional info.
Really tricky this one 🤔... I was able to change my alt account's IGN to FrostBlossom with and without the flower emojis and it was visible from my main account (changed it back again to it's won IGN).
Those emojis are not new: https://emojipedia.org/white-flower/ https://emojipedia.org/deciduous-tree/
... need to investigate a bit...

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 21 (2,653 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Oh. I'm Seneca and EAhelp on facebook sent me to this thread. I still haven't managed to re-enter my name.

Should I clear the app data? I've cleared the cache already and I'm a bit worried about clearing the data. Is there a risk of losing anything in the game?

Message 7 of 21 (2,617 Views)

Hero
@KodamaTreeSpirit Hi! Do not clear your data. It's good to clear cache but never data.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 8 of 21 (2,600 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

OMG... I did, I really regret it... All progress lost at the moment but I'm hoping EA can help?

My game was linked to my EA account so I assumed it was safe Frown Frown Frown

Message 9 of 21 (2,594 Views)

Hero

@KodamaTreeSpirit 

Yes, you need to contact an EA advisor. You can read here how to Get help in The Sims Mobile.

Select Connection and tech support and then Game progress issues.

If you can't open your game app, it is also possible to contact EA Help on Twitter or Facebook 

Support hours are temporarily changed. New Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday 

Hope you get your game progress back soon 😊 If you still have issues with your IGN come back and we will try to help you.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 10 of 21 (2,578 Views)