[Open] - Player Name Format not accepted

by swtflipnay

Original Post

Re: [Open] - Player Name Format not accepted

Community Manager (retired)

@savagepatch23 you should contact customer service through in game and explain your situation. Also attaching a link to this thread may be useful. They will ask you for some screenshots and stuff. I hope they are able to offer you a solution

Message 71 of 154 (1,146 Views)

Re: Level 6 Sim Mobile Name Format

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue! I emails ea but haven't received a reply.  

Message 72 of 154 (1,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this same problem! I reached level six it prompted me to enter a player name and no matter what I put it says it’s not the right format. I wish I knew how to fix it. I was really enjoying this game.

Message 73 of 154 (1,108 Views)

Hero
@erdavis Only thing that might work is to delete the game, restart your device, install the game app again and start a new game from level 1.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 74 of 154 (1,106 Views)

Player name does not meet required

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Ipad 8th gen
OS Version MYLC2LL/A
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach level 6 and wait to be asked to enter player name. Enter and see that it doesn’t accept formatting
What do you expect to see? Be able to use the username I want
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I have tried many different alternatives of the player name I want (soupycat) and even other random things and it won’t allow me to use it. It says “name does not meet the required formatting,” but I’m unsure of what that formatting is supposed to be. I’ve tried all uppercase, all lowercase, variations of lowercase and uppercase, adding numbers, and even closing the app and deleting it multiple times. It immediately brings me back to the “enter player name” screen and won’t let me close it until the correct format is used. 

Message 75 of 154 (1,118 Views)

Re: Player name does not meet required

Hero
@soupycatky Thanks for your report. This is unfortunately a known issue. Please try to delete the game, restart your device, install the game app again and start a new game from level 1. Hope this solves your problem.

Message 76 of 154 (1,089 Views)

Name formatting

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone x
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reaching level 6
What do you expect to see? Enter your name *enters a name* name does not meet the required formatting
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country London

It is really annoying tried many combinations but all does not meet the required formatting whatever that means

Message 77 of 154 (1,098 Views)

Re: Name formatting

Hero
@1Naaz It's unfortunately a known issue. Could you please try to delete the game, restart your device, download the game app and start a new game from level 1. This might work.

Message 78 of 154 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_DragonsEye It is also happening to me to I made a purchase on this game and can not even play it
Message 79 of 154 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I have been having this same problem I have uninstalled the the game 3 times and started over it still won’t work what to do?

Message 80 of 154 (933 Views)