[Open] - Player Name Format not accepted

by swtflipnay

Original Post

Re: I can't seem to enter my name

Hero
@jjknjjjn I have merged your report with an existing thread about the same issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 31 of 154 (1,603 Views)

Player name bug on sims mobile

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12
OS Version 14.6
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply log into the game it will ask for you to create a player name that is the bug
What do you expect to see? You will try to attempt to figure out a player name and It will simply say the “name does not meet the required formatting” nothing you try will work
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States

That photo shows what will pop up once you get into my account. I’ve tried deleting the app, restarting the app basically everything the internet said. Please help ¡ can’t get past lvl 6 cause of this 

Message 32 of 154 (1,584 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I just started playing this game and I'm facing the same problem. Is there any solution to solve this yet?

Message 33 of 154 (1,561 Views)

Re: Player name bug on sims mobile

Community Manager (retired)

@BystanderStizzy I have merged your post with the original thread. 

Message 34 of 154 (1,529 Views)

★ Novice

Mine doesn’t work either any solution?

Message 35 of 154 (1,510 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, finally I found a workaround to get rid of the buggy issue. You can try to input a super long name like agdjegfgjdj286jdhdnf33 to reach the maximum allowed length. Then magically the system accepts your name. 

Message 36 of 154 (1,474 Views)

Hero

@gTJzmDWS95HJnnt5 

That's 22 characters. Thank you! Were you able to edit your name after the long name was accepted?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 37 of 154 (1,468 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Awesomedude2322 for now there is no solution but maybe you could try what @gTJzmDWS95HJnnt5 found it work for them, let me know if this workaround worked for you too!

Message 38 of 154 (1,448 Views)

★ Novice
@gTJzmDWS95HJnnt5 I tried but it didn't work for me Frown
Message 39 of 154 (1,428 Views)

★ Novice

What I did was I started a new sim by deleting the game and then in the setting menu before reaching level 6 enter the name and it worked for me now I passed level 6 if it doesn’t work I’m sorry 

Message 40 of 154 (1,425 Views)