[Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

by eviefinesse

Original Post

Re: sim disappered

★★ Novice

I’ve had an NPC I'd married to one of my Sims disappear overnight, including his relationship with my Sim. I hadn’t made her passive so that doesn’t account for it. He’s reappeared around town and she’s had to start a new relationship with him. 
First time it’s happened to me, and at least it wasn’t one of my own Sims, but adding my voice to the others in the hope this issue gets fixed. 

Message 31 of 67 (1,410 Views)

Sim disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I’m on sims mobile. I had a sim that I leveled up from child to passive adult. She has short red hair & 2 older brothers. 

I woke up and found her completely gone. She’s not in a house or anywhere in town, she’s not in any of the portraits, and she’s been erased from the other sims’ relationships. It’s as if she never existed. Her older brothers are still here; one is now active, the other is still passive, but they are all still a part of the family. 

I tried restarting the game; it did nothing. 
What the heck?! 

Message 32 of 67 (1,372 Views)

Re: Sim disappeared

Hero
@Faba1a I've merged your post with an existing thread about the same issue. I suggest you wait for some hours or a day and most probably you will find her wandering around in town.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 33 of 67 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there not a way to fix it? 

Message 34 of 67 (1,339 Views)

Hero
@Faba1a No, sorry. This issue is not fixed.
Only way is to try to recover her. As soon as you see her, make one of your active Sims meet her and establish a relationship. They will have to marry for her to become a part of the family again.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 35 of 67 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Novice

How the **** is this a thing?

The program just erases family members? 

Why is this not at the top of the list of things to fix? 

Message 36 of 67 (1,300 Views)

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Simmer on Reddit

Link

Screen:

55.png

Message 37 of 67 (1,274 Views)

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

★★★★ Novice

I’ve been playing this game for about a year and a half.

To date I have lost four of my favorite characters. In one instance I was able to find them again as a stranger and build up some relationship again. 

in the other instances I have just remade the characters and build up their relationships as quickly as possible again.

it is a huge pain!

The only way, story wise that I can explain it is, terrible car crashes followed by amnesia so they have to relearn everything about their life. Wink

i don’t want to keep having to do that though. It’s a little absurd to have this sort of problem showing up all the time. 

Message 38 of 67 (1,154 Views)

[Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) IPad Pro 12
OS Version 14.8
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the house lot, see all passive SIMS currently living in the lot.
What do you expect to see? The passive SIM I created should return in the house lot.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

In one of my house lots, i used to have 4 passive sims living in there. One of them disappeared in the last update and i can’t seem to find him. He is not on the retired list and doesn’t appear in any of the lots or in the town. I am curious if that passive Sim can return to my profile.

Message 39 of 67 (1,149 Views)

Re: Missing Passive SIM

★★★ Novice

A similar issue is being discussed in the post titled Passive Sims are "busy", stuck in events. 

There’s an EA support person in that thread that you can message her name begins with an S, but that bug has been reported quite a bit over the past 2 weeks.

Hoping for the both of us that it gets fixed asap!

Message 40 of 67 (1,106 Views)