Re: [Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

by rrriot_kittymeow

Original Post

Re: The Sims Mobile my sims disappeared

★★★ Novice

Update: I lost another sims today. Her name is IreneStandard smile. She was in my game yesterday and today I can’t find her in the family portrait or any relationships. 

Message 51 of 67 (1,825 Views)

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Just lost a passive Sim. His name is Jay 💤 G and he is the adult son of one of my main/active Sims. He lived alone in the Eco Retreat. During this current STS, the stupid "A Surprising Choice" initiated with Jay offering the items to my active Sim (although it did not physically bring him over to Parkside). After selecting "No thanks", Jay's final bit of dialogue ("Fine, enjoy not being haunted.") did not pop up. I took my main Sim to the Eco Retreat where Jay lived to get the dialogue to pop up. It did, and that was the last time I saw Jay. He has since disappeared from all family portraits, does not appear in any of my Sims' contact lists, and the Eco Retreat now shows a "0" indicating that no one lives there. This is very frustrating and saddening. I've just about had it with how broken this game is, and with each additional bug/glitch I get closer and closer to quitting the game entirely.

This isn't even the first time I've had a Sim go missing. Last time though, it was Yamachan and thankfully I was able to marry him back into the family after finding him roaming Parkside. This time, aside from not even being able to find Jay in my game, he's a blood relative of my Sims and I can't be expected to marry him back in.

After learning from the last time that Parkside is the place of death and cause for all these missing Sims, I have completely avoided doing any hangouts outside of the home (not just Parkside, but anywhere), trying my best to control what I can on my end to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Now it appears that it doesn't even matter how safe I try to keep my Sims, the game will just take them away anyway if it wants to. No Sim is truly safe. What a crock.

Edit: Not sure if this helps, but here is the only recent photo I have of him: a screenshot while I was in BB mode of him during a hangout with one of his siblings at my Landgraab lot.

IMG_4163.jpg

Message 52 of 67 (1,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tron20X6Sorry that you lost your sim. 😢
I’ve been also careful to check that the passive sim is back at their house after Surprising Choice and that the end animation happens at the home lot. Yesterday this happened again but still half an hour later I found the sim at Parkside drinking coffee. Luckily he didn’t walk out of the household but it does seem that even making sure that the sim is back at the house doesn’t keep them that safe anymore. ☹️

Edit addition: I think the game still loads the passive sim to the town location when you have restarted your game, since then there’s less sims in the location and ‘room’ for the sim to pop up. 🙁

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 53 of 67 (1,750 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for your comment @Ilois4.

@EA/FM Devs - I’m not alone in wishing for a stable game. At this point, I’m willing to forgo new events completely and wait an extended period of time (up to several months) for an update or series of updates that just solely fix bugs. The focus of the game right now should be fixes, not new features. You can’t build upon a faulty foundation.

Message 54 of 67 (1,733 Views)

★ Guide
@tron20X6 I completely agree. I would be more than happy to sacrifice new features and events for a while in exchange for a game that isn't constantly breaking and losing track of our sims, currency, and items.
Message 55 of 67 (1,730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I lost 2 Sims this past week, due to Surprising Choice pulling them to Parkside during STS. I was aware I needed to get them home to try to avoid losing them. The first one, River, was one of a set of twins born in my first legacy. He was the one who meant the most. I called him home, and had one of my active Sims carry out a couple of friendly relationship shifts to make sure he was there. A few days later, he was gone.

My second Sim was called to Parkside only a few days after River. I decided I was going to try something new to keep her from disappearing. I kept her in continuous active relationship shifts with an active Sim. This seemed to work for a while. But after 4 or 5 days she was just suddenly gone as well.

I do not have relationships or interact with my passive Sims to reduce the chances Surprising Choice will pick them and other passive bugs. It is a huge shame that in a game, I cannot feel safe enough to play with my Sims. Please fix these bugs which have existed for a long time now.

Message 56 of 67 (1,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This has just happened to me! I had a passive sim who started as an NPC my sim married and I had made her playable for quiet some time. She was in the middle of career/hobby stories. I’d made her passive for a while and when I came back to her house she was gone from the portrait and none of my other sims have any relationship with her!! I’m so discouraged to see this happens regularly 😢😢. It’s very sad to lose a sim after putting so much time into them!

Message 57 of 67 (1,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I created and paid for 2 sims and they have disappeared they sometimes show up around town 

Message 58 of 67 (1,510 Views)

NPC has disappeared from home and family portrait

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version 15.5
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sometimes occurs when leveling up a relationship with a passive Sim from a household. When leveling up requires both Sims to be at one of the town settings like the Parkside Cafe, everything goes normal but then after finishing up the hangout task, the passive Sim disappears from the family tree and from the lot. I also cannot find the passive Sim in the town places. Also, all the relationship stories with my other Sims disappears.
What do you expect to see? Hopefully the disappearing Sim can come back into the household.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

One of passive Sims disappeared after I was leveling up a relationship with it at the Parkside Cafe.  After the task was complete, the passive Sim disappears from the household and the family tree plus the relationship stories with it disappears.  The name of it was Trent IV Shaffer.  

Message 59 of 67 (1,322 Views)

disappearing roommate

★★★ Newbie

One of my roommates disappeared with the Jungle Rush update.  She was a child of a previous household that grew up and moved to Catarina's Condo with some of the other adult children into a household I named "College Crew". Once the Jungle Rush update was released, she disappeared, and "College Crew" was renamed to one of the roommates' last names.  A short time later, another adult child living in a different household disappeared.  "Brenna" later showed up as a Townie, but I never retired her, nor was she divorced - in fact she was in the midst of a very juicy love triangle!  I checked my "retired" Sims to see if I inadvertantly retired her, but nope.  I ended up losing 2 Sims, which is really frustrating. Has anyone had this happen and get their characters back?

Message 60 of 67 (1,055 Views)