Re: [Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

by gogotamago5

Original Post

Re: My non playable sim has disappeared from home and family portrait

★★★★★ Novice

Now one of my passive sims (that I absolutely did NOT retire) has become an elder and there's no way to make him playable again. All it will let me do is remove him. Please fix this, I'm not spending any more money until this is fixed.

Message 21 of 67 (2,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Omg, in the last hour I've lost 2 more passive characters, they've completely disappeared from the game and the family photo. This is absolutely ridiculous. Does EA even read these bug reports?

Message 22 of 67 (2,140 Views)

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims disappeared from house and no longer exist/are related

★★★ Guide

One passive sim disappeared today. (Well, I wanted to remove him for a reason, so I did some risky things on purpose...)

He lived in Eco lot and passive for a few days. Today, I called him up to Parkside, and I logged out of the game, and when I logged back in a few hours later, he was still in Parkside, but now he’s a townnie. He also disappeared from the contacts of my active sims. And currently, STS is running in Parkside.

So I guess leaving behind passive sims in Parkside (and having STS?) is one of the reasons for this bug. Parkside is terrible place...🥶

Message 23 of 67 (2,117 Views)

Hero
@gogotamago5 Parkside is dangerous place. 😬 Did you do baking challenge while your passive sim was in Parkside?

Since if just leaving passive sim in Parkside and closing the game is enough to have them removed from the house.. no wonder so many sims are disappearing. 😱

And it’s not just leaving your sim somewhere, the Surprising Choice is throwing sims all around the town and at least my passive sim didn’t return home himself when SC threw him in Parkside but I had to call him home with an action. 🛋

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 24 of 67 (2,108 Views)

★★★ Guide
If my memory serves me correctly, I didn't do baking challenge while my passive sim was in Parkside. But I'm not sure about my brain and memory lol.
Surprising choice! It's so risky!
Message 25 of 67 (2,178 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey,

I had this problem a month-ish ago. I submitted the original report but not sure if anyone seen it. Not only did TWO of my most cherished sims Silas and Sadie Hennessy disappear Embarrassed (Which I want them back badly) But a sim I kicked out  uncle Doninik Steel months ago just moved in on his own in my Eco Retreat House. He is not playable so I can’t even get rid of him by retirement and get an heirloom at the most! (Could that be changed so he quits taking my slots up) It would be so nice to have this fixed. @SalixCat 

Message 26 of 67 (2,129 Views)

Hero
@eviefinesse This issue is under investigation. Do you remember you were asked to send your player-ID?
EA does not give an ETA for bug fixes. Normally there is a list of bug fixes published here on AHQ with every big update.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 27 of 67 (2,098 Views)

★★★ Guide

Passive sim disappeared again.

He lived in Eco Retreat

Passive for 10 days

I didn't call him out to Parkside or anywhere

He was not called out by “Surprising Choice”

Hmmm no way to protect against sim disappearance?🧐

Message 28 of 67 (2,079 Views)

sim disappered

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) i phone X(10)
OS Version ios 14.7
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After i finished my sims tesk, there was a sudden choice(i don't know how to call it in english version, this event is one of unknown sim usually suggest to buy something(you know what i'm talking about) and, one of my inactive sim suggest things to me and i rejected, then all of sudden my inactive sim run out of my house, disappear all relationships, she become an unknown sim.
What do you expect to see? i asked this problem to korea EA, and they said they can not fix this problem. it was last thursday i report a problem and they took really long time to answer this simple answer "they can NOT FIX" i just got this email today and i am so upset to sending this to youguys. they were so stupid and i had to explain them every single time. i sent 5-6 email and nobody gave me a right answer. anyway it tooks really long time and i was making a relationship with her(my disappeard sim). so i gave up and made another relationship and made her as a family for now. i just want to know, if EA can give me any reward for this problem, it would be great. and hope this problem not happend again.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country south korea

Message 29 of 67 (1,910 Views)

Re: sim disappered

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rosakwon Thanks for your report. I have merged your report with an existing thread about a similar issue where passive Sims disappear from the household.

Your Sim disappeared after being part of a Surprising Choice.

This is a known issue. The team is aware of it and investigating. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 30 of 67 (1,869 Views)