by pauleenmt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] - Passive Sims are "busy", stuck in events

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iphone 8
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? my passive sims have been randomly "starting events" without being prompted and then getting stuck (because there's no actual event to be completed). So far it's happened to two sets of my passive sims as of yesterday, both of which had completed a relationship story with each other in the past week.
What do you expect to see? i want to end the "event" my sims have become trapped in so that i can interact with them normally and make them playable, as they were before the glitch.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iphone 8
OS Version 14.4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? my passive sims have been randomly "starting events" without being prompted and then getting stuck (because there's no actual event to be completed). So far it's happened to two sets of my passive sims as of yesterday, both of which had completed a relationship story with each other in the past week.
What do you expect to see? i want to end the "event" my sims have become trapped in so that i can interact with them normally and make them playable, as they were before the glitch.
Connection Type Wifi
Country Canada

OS Version 14.4
Connection Type Wifi
Country Canada

there's already a thread detailing something very similar happening to active sims, but @EA_DragonsEye requested I start a new thread for this issue, since the sims in question are passive rather than active. @sunnydy12 has already indicated that they're having the same problem as me.

my passive sims are randomly "starting events" without being prompted, and then getting permanently stuck (because there's no actual event to be completed). So far it's happened to two sets of my passive sims as of yesterday, both of which had completed a relationship story with each other in the past week.

i managed to resolve the glitch with the first set of event-locked sims by removing one of the locked sims from the family, so it seems like they were definitely "in an event" together.

however, i don't want to do that with either member of the second pair (both of whom started reading as "in an event" immediately after I removed that first sim, which seems to indicate that i didn't actually solve whatever root glitch is causing this?); they're two of my main sims, with tons of activity logged on each of them, and i'd hate to lose that - especially if it wouldn't actually fix the core issue. 

It's not the known glitch where retired/removed sims reappear as non-interactive "passive" sims, because none of these sims were ever removed. They're all primary playing sims that happened to be in passive mode when they glitched.

I've filed an official tech support request since initially posting to the other thread, and have done all the generic troubleshooting methods (including fully uninstalling & reinstalling the app). Nothing has worked.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? is there a way to force-close events, maybe? i can't make any of the 'problem sims' active or even call them out of the house (even tapping them where they appear onscreen doesn't register - i have to manually trigger a simple face-to-face interaction via an active sim's "contacts" page, and obviously i can't start any actual hangouts with them while they're "in an event").

Screenshots of what it looks like when I try to interact with the passive sims are attached.

i'm not sure there's a way to fix this without a technical patch, but i'd be grateful to hear anyone's insight on the issue!

Message 1 of 196 (15,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims are "busy", stuck in events

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul Simmers,

In the latest update's Blog Notes, we mentioned that the preliminary fix for the Sim Busy Issue would go live as a part of the Briny Nights update.

Below are a few more details:

Q] What do the preliminary fixes include?

A] The team has resolved a part of the issue: "Passive Sims stuck (in an event) when tried to make active." Players can now select any passive sim in family portrait and make them active without any issues. The team continues to investigate and fix other areas.

Q] What improvement would players expect in their games on this issue?

A] We are confident that Sims that are Passive but stuck as busy can now be active again. 

Q] How can a player take advantage of the fix?

A] Players can use the family portrait to switch the passive busy Sim back to active. If they are unable to, we suggest they back up their game, take note of their Player ID, and re-install the game.

Q] Once players get the passive but 'stuck as busy' Sim free, is there a possibility that the same Sim can get stuck again?

A] We believe this to fix to be a permanent one for passive sim busy issues. Ideally, Sims that recover should not face the problem again. If the problem does not resolve for any player, we would need to investigate why and I would request them to reach out to me! [Please DM me with your Player ID and the subject "Passive Sim still busy"]

View in thread

Message 196 of 196 (4,246 Views)

All Replies

Re: Passive Sims Getting Stuck in Events

Hi! Please DM me your player id so I can investigate this on your game. 
Have you tried making an event with an active sim that involves one of the passive sims that got stuck to see if that "unstocks them"?
Or moving them to another lot (if you have more than one)?
Thanks!

Message 2 of 196 (15,208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Active Sim Attempts Interaction

I can't start any events with the passive sims, since they register as being already "in another event." I don't have any other lots, so I can't say whether that would be a possible fix. I'll DM you my player ID right away, thank you!

Message 3 of 196 (15,184 Views)

@FinnKimbrel Thanks for the player id, I have reported this is a bug to studio. 
This is the message that players receive after sending me their id's on a DM, if anyone has this same bug please do not hesitate to DM me with your player id. Thanks!

Message 4 of 196 (15,152 Views)

Sim busy for unknown reason

★★ Novice

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Xiaomi Redmi 9
OS Version MIUI 12
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I want to know why he's busy even though nobody's having an event with him.
What do you expect to see? To make him playable again and let my sims have event with him.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Philippines

Hi this is my sim, Sebastian.

I made him passive last 2 days. I tried to make him playable again but it says that he's busy, I wonder why? His wife can't even hangout with him, my other playable sims neither. I can't click on him too.

I tried to clear cache, reinstall the app, and rebooting my phone to see if there's a change but still nothing. Please help me with this. It's my first time having this kind of problem and I really don't know what to do.

Message 5 of 196 (15,054 Views)

Re: Sim busy for unknown reason

Hero

@pauleenmt I have merged your report with an existing thread about the same issue. 

Please send DM to @EA_DragonsEye with your player-ID as requested on this post.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 196 (15,006 Views)

★★ Novice

I already sent my player ID to DragonsEye. Thank you so much for responding. Hoping to get this fixed soon 🙏

Message 7 of 196 (14,994 Views)

Passive sims “busy” cannot be made playable

★★★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12 mini, iPad 7th gen.
OS Version iOS 14.7.1 and earlier
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Some Passive sims are “busy” and “in another event” and cannot be made playable.
What do you expect to see? All sims in passive mode are able to be made playable at any time, as long as there is a playable slot open.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom

2 passive sims are “busy” and “in another event when I attempt to make them playable. None of my other active sims can interact with them like chat on the couch or start a new event together like in a relationship story etc. I also cannot move them to live in other lots because they are “in another event”. They are not though, one sim is standing in one place in her lot and does not move at all, the other sim moves around the house like normal doing random activities and chatting to other sims in the house but both are not able to be made playable. There was a new sims update yesterday and today this happened to a new sim so I don’t know if that has something to do with it or if it’s a coincidence. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it on multiple devices and this problem still exists 

Message 8 of 196 (14,885 Views)

Re: Passive sims “busy” cannot be made playable

Hi @poshchick94! I saw that you Dm'd me your player id. This is an issue that I have already reported to the studio and will add your info to the report. Thanks!

Message 9 of 196 (14,869 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I’ve the same problem, but the person who collects the IDs no longer works in EA

Message 10 of 196 (14,617 Views)