[Open] - Party ends shortly after starting no error

by Kelly32873

Original Post

Re: [Open] - Party ends shortly after starting no error

Hero
@GracieSeven Thanks 😊 This seems to be a tricky issue, so any testing you do is welcome.
Did you have to move your Sims to another lot? What happens when you open the game? Do you have to go immediately to the other lot and avoid doing anything on the main lot?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 21 of 33 (686 Views)

Hero

@SalixCat  Yeah, some of the issues are related to lot of guests arriving at the same time, people going in and out of parties, entering CAS while in a friend’s party..

I’m hosting friends only parties around same time every week, so my long time in game only friends know that there’s a party.
There’s no rush (like some of the parties I attend that are announced in insta beforehand 😅) and it takes normally 4 hours to get lvl10 without a lot of party actions from me.

This time during first hour I had 7 guests and rest of the 7 came during the next 4 hours. Not sure what happened when the party disappeared since it was already lvl 10 and there wasn’t major ‘traffic’ visible for me at that point. And I wasn’t doing anything out of ordinary when it happened 🤔 

My party was still running in the background and wasn’t visible for me. The guests probably didn’t notice anything wrong since they had already done the party actions and basically no need to go back to the party 🤷‍♀️ 

This is like Clue.. Who did it? With what and where.. 🧩 😄

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 33 (681 Views)

★★ Guide
@SalixCat Yes, I had to move three of them in another lot except for the party host just in case and kept all of them working.

If I travel to my house by accident, I had to restart my phone and Wi-Fi connections to be able to get back in.

I’m waiting for the cooldown to be over before travelling back to main lot.
Message 23 of 33 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ilois4 @GracieSeven Notice that 'Friends only' parties will most probably change to 'Open for everyone'. Check out the chat and see if some of the guests are players that are not on your Friends list. This is something you won't notice while you host a scheduled party with all the guests arriving at the same time.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 24 of 33 (623 Views)

★★ Guide
@SalixCat Thank you, I definitely checked that it was Friends only and didn’t see anyone that I did not recognise. Hopefully we can figure out what causes it.

I’ve never had this issue before only after the update.
Message 25 of 33 (607 Views)

★★ Guide
@SalixCat I keep an eye on the parties later.
Yesterday at 7 pm my party went fine, just the button on the screen was not available.
And I need to say: all parties I wrote started with the only friends option. Standard smile
The most time the same guests are on every party. So the time isn't really nessessary for us. It's more the day of the week Standard smile Yesterday all 3 parties are okay. (10:30 am, 7 pm, 7:30 pm)

Monday parties are always suuuper fast on lvl 10 and full. Also today we have two parties with different operating systems at 7 pm and 7:30 pm. (UTC +2) I'll watch the parties. Standard smile
Message 26 of 33 (602 Views)

Hero
@SalixCat yeah, i heard about that error of ‘friends only’ might change to ‘everyone’ but it hasn’t happened in parties I’ve hosted 🤔

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 27 of 33 (540 Views)

★★ Guide

Soo...  both parties started.

The first one (7 pm) crashed with the old issue. To many simmers rejoined and the players hit the 100 mark. 
It was started from an android phone. Nothing else happened. Same as usual. 

The second party was startet from an iOS phone at 7:30. The same players went to both parties - but this party is crashed after few minutes.
Something I noticed: Players (and also the Host) with an iOS system can't get into this crashed party again. Same issue like the others said: the app closes by itself.
But me, as an android user, can go back to the party. Nothing strange happens - except the missing name in the party. I don't see which sim is hosting the party after the other players complaning about the crash. A friend with an android phone doesn't see the name, too. Maybe it's a hint for something. 

This issue is mostly on iOS and I think I can agree: It's happening if too many players joining at the same time... 
Sometimes it effects android-user, too. But in my community it's mostly iOS users. 

party.PNG 

Message 28 of 33 (506 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SalixCat I hosted on my third account last night. That was an unscheduled public party. The friend list only has 5 people in it and 2 players showed up, the rest were random guests. The party crashed 1 hour after I started it.

I still got the party rewards by clicking, where I usually start the party. There was a pop-up similar to the friends' party rewards pop-up, but with my IGN on it. 

Message 29 of 33 (473 Views)

Re: Party ends shortly after starting no error

★★★★★ Novice

@EpicRedly wrote:

Okay Standard smile I got the information from my friends~ 

Player: tkzsw 
iPhone 6 - iOS - 12.4.7
She started the party yesterday (thursday) at 7 pm. She relogged at 8 pm and the app began to crash. She couldn't get in the game till 9:30 pm. Switching to LTE didn't work. 
After this everything wents fine and the app kept working. 
At 4:45 am in the morning the party was already finished, although it should be opened till 7 am. 

Player Alicia: 
iPhone Xr - iOS - 13.5.1
for parties she always use wifi. 
She startet her party today (thuesday) at 7:30 pm. At 8:30 the game started to crash and closed the app like tkzsw. Also the ballons poped up. 

Player Lara: 
iPad 7th gen - iOS - 13.5.1 - always wifi 
Laras party started to crash after she tried to leave a friends (Mandy) party at 8:30 pm today. She started the party at 11 am and disappeared around 10 pm without rewards/ballons. 

Side note: Lara and Alicia went both to the same party today at 20:30. Both get the trouble after leaving the same party. But mandy as host from the party doesn't has any trouble. 

Player Britti: 
iPad 7th gen - iOS - 13.5.1 - wifi 
She started her party wednesday at 7 pm. After a few minutes she changed the location with her sims in the game. It sounds the same like Alicia; the game crashed and the app closed. The party was finished after ~20 minutes.
Interessting point: She's the only one with the network error I wrote before. Standard smile All the others problems are like from the others. 

Player GoldenerNinja:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) - Android - Wifi - (I'll update the android version info)
Party Start: Thursday 7:30 pm. She wrote the app started to crash around 8:15 pm. The app closed again and again. She didn't check when it worked again. She just saw the rewards didn't pop up tomorrow morning. 

If you need some more info, please let me know ♥ 

Hi I had similar issue. I began hosting a party around 8am and when I switched to another location and tried to go back to my main house location the game kept crashing. I did not get an error message. I tried reinstalling, force closing and reopening, switching back and forth from wifi to cellular, clearing my cache and a number of other troubleshooting tips. I was not able to get back into the game until about an hour after party ended. When I was back in it showed the party ended but no stars as if I did not participate when I had. I’m not sure what my party guests saw. 

Message 30 of 33 (393 Views)