[Open] No sims in parties after Fashionista update

by Rh0deIsland

Original Post

Re: No Partyguests after a few relogs

Hero

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Thanks for checking that for me Standard smile Just to double check, you've edited out all the Sim's names? The game did show them to you, right?

That's right. The game did show the names and I edited the screenshots.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 41 of 52 (1,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimGuruMaaike I started an open wedding party at 4:00 p.m. UTC +2. The party chat shows several players. It was leveling up but I couldn't see the guests.

@thecakeisaLIE82 I couldn't see you on chat. I couldn't see your girls either.

The gnomes were the first to arrive. They were all visible for a while and got stickers 

PartyChat120519.jpg

At some point it was only possible to interact with my own Sims and NPCs plus three guests while the party was still leveling up.

WeddingParty120519.jpg

Here's a video to show what happens when I open and close CAS, and then after changing location. I tried using the basketball hoop with a guest but she didn't show up.

Only my own NPCs were standing by the sidewalk when I reopened the game. 

20190512_204611.png

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 42 of 52 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]

Player ID: 1003573937503 

I am a guest at Salix's party and I can only see and interact with his sims. It appears like my sims are the only ones in attendance. My chat has been offline for a while now (separate issue I think), so I am not able to see who else might be at the party, or converse with them.

Side note: all week my sims have hardly gotten any stickers, it's Sunday and 3 only have a handful total, while one sim has no stickers at all. It's possible that all week, though I've gone to two parties each day, maybe my sims are not visible to other players, even the host. 

[Edited to add ID number]

Message 43 of 52 (1,494 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is still a big concern that I hope can be resolved. I hosted a party around 9:15 pm EST. Several friends and random guests attended, and it reached level 10 around 9:30 pm. I used to run out of stickers quickly in a party, but now I can barely find my attendees’ sims, eventually the party is a ghost town with no sim in sight to sticker. I don’t think sims only show up “live” when the player actively has their sim at the party, right? I feel like I’m only seeing the sims of the first two players who arrived at the party. 

Based on the attendees I saw show up in chat, I should have seen at least 44 sims walking around. Instead, my house is literally a ghost town, showing only my sims. Entering & exiting CAS, moving locations, and force closing the app were unsuccessful attempts to make other guests’ sims appear at the party. 

Where errbody at? 🤷🏻‍♀️

762E3063-DFC5-4A78-9E4C-962C8851A237.jpeg

Message 44 of 52 (1,367 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same for attending parties too. Where are all the Sims? No one to give stickers to. 😕
Message 45 of 52 (1,347 Views)

Re: Sims not being seen at parties

★ Apprentice

Even though not many people have selected "me too", this bug is not unique to a few individuals.  Everyone is having this problem, whether or not they realize it.  The problem is because Sims aren't properly cycling at parties.  I frequently go to a party and see the same 10 sims the entire time I'm there. 

Message 46 of 52 (1,175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Kelly32873 This bug has been happening for quite a while now. It's related to an issue I've posted here on the forum <<https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-No-sims-in-parties-after-Fashionista-update/m-p/7593248#M...>> and also related to this post <<https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Not-receiving-stickers/m-p/7896295#M12759>>. I have been experiencing this bug since February 2019. And it seems that every update only makes things worse. I've been receiving less and less stickers since then. 

Message 47 of 52 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AshleighD81 There's an already existing post regarding this issue/bug that's why not many have clicked on the "me too" button. I think we should all merge this concern in one post so, EA would take notice of this pressing concern. 

Message 48 of 52 (1,168 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Don't worry @Kelly32873, you're not the only one. I've been experiencing this since February 2019 and until now, there's still no fix. Imagine the frustration that have accumulated at this point.

Message 49 of 52 (1,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Very quick note, just to make sure the problem is not forgotten:

I attended a party yesterday. There were at least 15 guests, but I could only see two. The host’s four Sims were visible. Plus two single Sims from two separate players. 

Message 50 of 52 (927 Views)