by simmerdownMAL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] New Item Indicator Dot at Work Places after QoL Update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 12.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit each of the work places and look at the storage.
What do you expect to see? No visible red dot indicating a new item when there aren’t any new items.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback (Thanks @girl_hasnogame for spotting this new bug!! @phantomlover1717 asked me to make a new post about it!)

@girl_hasnogamespotted the new item indicator dot at work places after the Quality of Life Update. I’m also seeing it for my storage at work places, but surprisingly, it only appears when there are items in the storage. I have three work places where there are no items in storage, and the red dot does not appear at those locations. 

The red dot appeared at the cafe, fashion studio, medical center, law center, science building, and business office. (Each work place has items in storage, such as boxes, but the items may not all appear in the photo).   

03DED59A-F693-4C0B-99AE-344753259877.jpeg

The red dot did not appear for me at the wellness center, the restaurant, or the dance club, where I had no items in storage there. 

BCDFEFC9-E24E-40F8-8CD8-585BAE35C059.jpeg

Message 1 of 8 (1,772 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] New Item Indicator Dot at Work Places after QoL Update

★ Guide

Hey idk about you guys but this glitch seems to be gone for me since the new update! The red indicator dot still appeared, so I went into the inventory and closed out and the dot disappeared. Restarted the game and they are still gone! 

Is this fixed for anyone else since today's update?

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,108 Views)

All Replies

Re: New Item Indicator Dot at Work Places after QoL Update

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the report! Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (1,712 Views)

Re: [Open] New Item indicator dot keeps showing

★★★ Guide

I have a red dot issue in the fashion studio, see pictures. The inventory is empty. There are a couple of photography career items I cant’t buy yet, otherwise all items I can buy are on the floor.

Message 3 of 8 (1,620 Views)

★ Guide

This is the storage boxes that are randomly in workplaces when you start jobs, I have tried removing them from storage then restarting the game and putting them back to storage but the circle still appears. It’s the only item showing up this way for me. I had the same problem at home with the internet icon desk until the QoL update. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,489 Views)

★★★★ Guide

FYI - this bug persists after the August 1st update for Version 15.0.2. New item indicator dot still appears at work places.

Message 5 of 8 (1,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and it was only at the fashion studio, until just now I moved boxes to storage from the medical center floor and now the notification appears there too. I tried adding the boxes back on the floor, closing out and rebooting my iPhone but the notification is still there even though there is nothing in storage.It does not happen in the restaurant next door.

Message 6 of 8 (1,362 Views)

★ Guide

Hey idk about you guys but this glitch seems to be gone for me since the new update! The red indicator dot still appeared, so I went into the inventory and closed out and the dot disappeared. Restarted the game and they are still gone! 

Is this fixed for anyone else since today's update?

Message 7 of 8 (1,109 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@girl_hasnogame Yaasssss!! You’re totally right! Worked for me too. Thanks, girl!
Message 8 of 8 (1,100 Views)