[Open] NPC is missing in career

by brucegaretz

Original Post

[Open] NPC is missing in career

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Pro
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003442311305
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not actually sure how I ended up without an NPC in the agency (could it be that my moving around the career items of the dj/law career in such a way that the NPC for these got confused with the one at the agency?), but this hasn't happened to me at any other career ever.
What do you expect to see? A career NPC in my agency
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country
Additional feedback

I have not had a career NPC at the agency since before mid-May. In chapter dialogue, there is no sim pictured in the display, just a white outline of a sim called SimActor2Name.

This happened not long after I moved a bunch of the career items for the DJ and law careers outside, though it's not clear to me if this is related (though I have noticed twice that sometimes the law career NPC would be in the boundary for the agency and I could interact with that NPC as if they were the agency NPC). It isn't really clear to me how to replicate this, but it does seem like the checking to regenerate new NPC sims does not check if a sim is just missing and should check to see if a sim exists there at all.

Message 1 of 32 (5,200 Views)

Re: missing career NPC

★ Guide

same here.

missing an npc at 3 career spot (Law, hospital, fashion/photography)

Message 2 of 32 (5,149 Views)

Re: [Open] NPC is missing in carreer

EA Live QV Team

Thank you both for the report! @WonderWina can you also tell me what your player ID is? This page explains how to find it:  https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile

Message 3 of 32 (5,121 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike here's my ID: 1003401132109

and i still can't play, cause still have a surprising choice screen issue.

Message 4 of 32 (5,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: Android App
List the specific devices you play with: Samsung Galaxy S6
Player ID: 1003392125097
How often does the bug occur?  Everytime I play 100%
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Go to the Hospital in Market Square and place a Sim in the Medical or Surgeon career. 
What do you expect to see? A career NPC in the hospital
Connection Type: Wifi
Please select your region: England 
Additional feedback: For 2 months now, there has been no Nurse NPC in the Hospital. Whenever I place a Sim in the medical career, the NPC nurse is replaced with "Sim2Actor" on the chat screen during new chapters. There is no nurse NPC to interact with.

Message 5 of 32 (4,998 Views)

@brucegaretz & @WonderWina do you guys still have this issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 32 (4,921 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, there is no change. I have pretty much never chosen this career since the problem started because the first risky action at the agency is on the career NPC and so never appears. Unfortunately, sometimes there are special events that use the agency and actions are assigned to the NPC and I can't avoid that.

Message 7 of 32 (4,913 Views)

I have it too now!

Screenshot_20180803-005112_The Sims.jpg

SimsActor2Name, in the culinary career. The whole area only has 2 other Sims, one in fashion the other in the hospital, other than them it's completely empty.
No NPC's, no players from others, nothing! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 32 (4,851 Views)

★ Guide

i still have this issue until now, i dont have any co-workers at the most of career spots, unless waterfront and coffee shop.

if it's not effect anything else to the game like stuck screen, it's still okay for me.

but hopefully it's getting fixed too 😉

Message 9 of 32 (4,712 Views)

Agency coworker kidnapped??

★★★★★ Novice

Title says it all-- my sims mobile agency coworker has disappeared and been replaced by a faceless entity called SimActor2Name! This would be little more than an amusingly spooky glitch if not for the fact that it does limit my available actions during events. 

Additionally, a creepy mannequin has been stationed outside the agency all week. Have aliens kidnapped my coworker to study her frankly terrible makeup, and replaced her with this mannequin? I need answers! 

(The disappearing coworker glitch also happened in the medical career, and she never did come back. I'm running the game on a Samsung galaxy note 2 if that makes a difference.)

Message 10 of 32 (4,844 Views)